What's new

Is this installation estimate too much? (1 Viewer)

NolanJ

Second Unit
I am getting an Alpine head unit with a sirius tuner, ipod adapater and autostart Viper alarm system installed.

The price I was quoted was $350. They said it was high because of the autostart alarm.

Is this price high? Am I getting jipped or is this a fair price?

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
$350 isn't bad if the dash has to be significantly modified (to hold the iPod). The alarm systems are typically hooking up a few wires to the harness. If they are just tossing the unit in the dash then $350 is way to high. If they are doing a very clean pro install with dash mods then $350 is a great deal.

NolanJ

Second Unit
2000 toyota celica... the alarm part was $200 by itself (it was a Viper autostart alarm)

Chris_CAS

Auditioning

Agreed. If I were to do a clean, professional job with mods then that would not be out of the question. It all depends on the final product you want. Best Buy install? Too much. Real install? Good deal.

WilliamPC

Agent
Cant decipher if thats $200 for the install of the alarm or the purchase of the alarm???

If thats is including purchase of the alarm then its a great price. If not, then its a bit high. Shop around some more. My local shop would be about $150-$200 to install all that and that includes any bracket, wire and adapters needed.

Sam_S

Agent
If you purchased the parts from this store, that's too high. If they're like Tweeter- and they add a bench test fee to every item they install that you didn't buy from them- then that's pretty standard.

I paid far more for my Viper install, but I also made sure I was there when the install was happening (in the bay, which they normally forbid), and so I had total control over how he wired my alarm, where the brain went, etc. It allowed me to have a truely stealth alarm install... which was worth the extra cost to me.

In terms of install of the HU and Ipod- if it's a standard size head unit- and Sirus installs like any normal antena would... then that's a little silly to pay that much. The work involved is minimal, and you might want to look into doing it yourself.

eddie-M

Agent
does the price include all that stuff or just installing it. If its just installing it, shoot I'll do it for 250 :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks