What's new

Is this cable any good? Monster Home Series (1 Viewer)

Johnny225

Auditioning
Real Name
John
Hi Everyone,
I just picked up this cable from homedepot:

Monster Speaker Cable 50 Ft. - 130352 at The Home Depot

and was wondering if it was asny good. As far as I can tell, home depot is the only place it's sold, and there's no infor on it anywhere online. The wire is 10 gauge and cost only $25 for 50 feet. I was shocked to find monster at such a cheap price. If anyone has any info or thoughts on this, please chime in.

Thanks,
John

MaxL

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Max Levine
2nd the overpriced and add one most likely unnecessary. monster is generally overpriced for what it is. even at that price you could find many alternatives that would sound just as good for less.

the unnecessary part is the 10 gauge. unless you're using the whole 50ft for one run (and even then), it is highly unlikely that the 10 gauge will give you any audible benefit over a 14 gauge cable.

parts express also has good cheap speaker cable. but don't fret. i'm sure the cable will do what it needs to and sound fine. i wouldn't return it or anything...

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
10 gauge is going to be difficult in speaker posts or banana plugs because it could be too thick. Plus it's overkill. And it's Monster, which is most certainly overpriced.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks