Is this cable any good? Monster Home Series

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Johnny225, Jun 7, 2009.

1. Johnny225

Johnny225 Auditioning

Hi Everyone,
    I just picked up this cable from homedepot:

Monster Speaker Cable 50 Ft. - 130352 at The Home Depot

and was wondering if it was asny good. As far as I can tell, home depot is the only place it's sold, and there's no infor on it anywhere online. The wire is 10 gauge and cost only $25 for 50 feet. I was shocked to find monster at such a cheap price. If anyone has any info or thoughts on this, please chime in.

Thanks,
    John

2. David Willow

David Willow Babbling Idiot
    Supporter

Dave
    Sure it is good, but it is still over priced. 50 feet of quality cable at Monoprice.com is about $10.

3. MaxL

MaxL Supporting Actor

2nd the overpriced and add one most likely unnecessary. monster is generally overpriced for what it is. even at that price you could find many alternatives that would sound just as good for less.

the unnecessary part is the 10 gauge. unless you're using the whole 50ft for one run (and even then), it is highly unlikely that the 10 gauge will give you any audible benefit over a 14 gauge cable.

parts express also has good cheap speaker cable. but don't fret. i'm sure the cable will do what it needs to and sound fine. i wouldn't return it or anything...

4. Jeff Gatie

Jeff Gatie Lead Actor

10 gauge is going to be difficult in speaker posts or banana plugs because it could be too thick. Plus it's overkill. And it's Monster, which is most certainly overpriced.

5. Raymond lee Leggs

Raymond lee Leggs Stunt Coordinator

Raymond Lee Leggs

There is no such thing as overkill. [​IMG]