What's new

Is this a good system? (1 Viewer)

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
other inputs here? So, just listen to you, and nobody else?
Well, all forums on the internet might as well close down. There's no need for them anymore. People don't need to buy something to know about it. Maybe they experienced it at a neighbor's, in a home environment. I've never eaten rat, but I'm pretty sure I don't want any.

People ask questions at forums, to save themselves time, money, and headaches. People that have been there and done that, can save others the bad experience, while getting to the good. It's kinda like a parent trying to save the child, from going through the same things they did.

The whole purpose of a forum is to help people, that ask for it, whether it's for advice or an opinion of something. Most people want to get the most and best they can, for their money. This is why we'll usually ask for a person's budget, when they ask for help with deciding on what to buy. So we can offer options for the best they can get, for that amount of money. If you're gonna be afraid you're gonna get the answer you don't want, then don't ask the question!

If you love Bose, that's fine. Most people that knows anything about HT equipment, doesn't even like Bose, much less love it. If you want some good deals on Bose, go to Craig's List. It's loaded with Bose stuff, that people are selling, after they realized the mistake they made.

Bry_DD

Second Unit

i was just wondering why would you "constantly" mess with the settings? who in here mess with these settings when watching or doing something else with there set up?

Bry_DD

Second Unit

that's what i thought, cuz last time i mess with those settings was when i put my system together back in 2001 and i replaced my tv and add Blu player and didn't even adjust those settings. and also still running my good old denon 3801 and axiom, svs, b&w surrounds..

Real Name
Phil

As Cees stated the OP wanted our opinions and that is what is being delivered. You keep stating your facts over and over again. Not everyones taste is the same, true. However, the overall census so far is bose isn't what the marketing department has them cracked up to be. I am guessing by the way you keep defending bose you are trying to justify your purchase.

Rakie

Agent
Real Name
Tim
My friend gave me a BOSE system when i was younger, I was using a KHL "HTiB" speakers and was quite disappointed in them. I never questioned why my friends family gave me a $1,000 system, until I sold it to some poor, poor kid for all I could get out of it.

BOSE truly is one of the biggest scams I can think of. This system couldn't compete with my $150 5.1 channel KHL system that came with speakers.

Scott, as somebody who strives to deal with sound as a profession, I'll tell you this. Where I studied Sound Engineering quite a few people had thought they had nice mixing headphones, which were Bose. Those were the students who really didn't have a good ear for mixing. The plain and simple truth was they couldn't tell the difference between a good EQ and a bad one, or a bad mix, or they couldn't hear digital clipping.

Was it the headphones ? Or them ? Well, I personally think it's a combined failure.

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
Here we are on post #27, and the original poster never has posted anything since his question. I think he just tried to open a can of worms..........

Rakie

Agent
Real Name
Tim
She hasn't logged on since 12/4/08. She probably came on here because he wanted to hear "Yes, they're amazing we all have them / wish we could have them".

Thats what 1/3 of new members on forums do, the other 1/3 never do anything and the rest care, sometimes. haha.

Brett DiMichele

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brett
My opinion is as such....

Does any man care about having too much? If WAF (Wife Acceptance Factor) is not an issue, then why would any of us go "small and simple" ? I don't want small and I don't want simple.

My living room is my home theater and I subscribe to the theory that you need a large sub woofer and larger bookshelf or near/full range towers to produce accurate sound. Perhaps everybody doesn't like ruler flat sound. In fact I am sure the average person loves bloated mid range with compressed treble and boomy bass. The nice thing about a separates system is that you can reproduce that legendary Bose sound if you want the sound to be inaccurate.

My mains are 65lbs each and stand a good 4' and they are tiny compared to the 8.5' tall monsters I am working on for my 2 channel rig which will weigh in at a good 400lbs each.

As you guessed it, I do not have a wife to content with. I am free to do anything I like, and if I want 400lb 8.5' tall speakers I can have them, heck I could even paint them safety orange if I wanted.

I realize not everyone has that luxury and for those people that need small and simple and don't honestly care about accurate sound reproduction I would and have recommended Bose. I always caveat my recommendations with my opinions on Bose and how they are horrendously over priced and poor performing acoustically. But if "simple" is what you want, Bose does have some of the most "simple" systems out there...

I remember a few years ago Miller and Kreisel was going to make a small cube system. They either decided that you can't get accurate sound from small cubes, or Bose threatened to sue them (certainly wouldn't be the first time) not sure what happened but I suspect the former not the latter.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks