What's new

Is this a good set up for me?? (1 Viewer)

John*DB

Stunt Coordinator
Okay guys. I am trying to do my homework and not be such a newbie asking just "What should I get?" questions.

Here is my room:

15' X 15'

I THINK I want:

JBL E20 fronts
JBL E10 rears
JBL EC35 center

NO SUBWOOFER FOR AWHILE Can't F'ing afford it!!!

But WILL get one when the wife calms down! :)

****Here is the problem...

The rears: The dining room is behind the couch to the left and kitchen is behind the couch to the right.

Where should I mount/set my rears?? They have to be VERRRRY unobtrusive! Wife likes movies...HATES electronics!!

PLEASE help me. ALL input is greatly appreciated...I NEED DIRECTION!!!!

JimMIT

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jim
Have you considered in-ceilings for your surrounds? JBL makes a couple of different in-ceiling series speakers (HTI and SoundPoint). I don't know which would mate better with your Northridge series, but perhaps someone else might know.

There is little doubt that they will not sound as good as the E10's in a home theater set-up, but I have learned that sometimes we all have to make some compromises in our road to audio nirvana.

John*DB

Stunt Coordinator
That wouldn't work too well in my condo situation.

Should surrounds be ear level? Would it be "okay" to mount them on the ceiling? Can E10's be ceiling mounted??

John*DB

Stunt Coordinator
I am leaning towards:

4 E20s and EC35

I'll just bring out the rears and set them at the right level when I want to watch a movie. I wont be watching much tv. That way, they're out of the way and out of sight when not in use.

Rob Kramer

Second Unit
Dont underestimate a good 3.1 sound system. I would rather have a 3.1 than a 5.0 (especially in a room that opened up to another room). Probably about the same price too.

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter

The JBL E-Series speaker lineup is timbre-matched to the JBL EC35 Center speaker.

Adding a powered-sub later will round-out the 'real' Theater Sound and Impact, although your neighbors might not appreciate it!

Phil

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks