What's new

Is this a good deal? (1 Viewer)

Wolby

Auditioning
Real Name
Don
I am in the market for new front speakers. While I was researching I came across this deal.
Boston Acoustics M340 list price: $999.00 buy one get one free! i tried to find information or reviews
but had no luck. What would this forums advice be on Boston Acoustics?
Thanks,
Don

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
They are 8db efficient. Respectable.
They have a -3 of 45hz. More than respectable(given the multitude of 4.5" drivers)

You probably won't find many reviews anywhere. Boston is the lost stepchild of D&M at the moment. D&M is the parent of Denon, Marantz and BA...among a few other things.

But for a speaker of that performance, that price is good.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Speaker buying is...

50% budget.
50% personal preference.

You can't compare dome to horn.

It would be like comparing a Lotus Exige to a Ford Mustang GT500KR(2009). Both cost the same, are just about as quick as each other...but that is where the similarity ends.

Would you kick either one out of your driveway?

For around the same cost...I wouldn't kick either the RF 82 or M340 out of my living room.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
In this day and age of the "marketplace we all wanted"(IE...the internet)...

Why not buy a pair of RB(whichever. The B and F denote bookshelf and floor) and M25 and listen to those. Return the pair you liked least, pick up the tower version. I assume this will eventually be 5.1.

That is the new marketplace. Try them at home...ship 'em back. Pony up the return shipping(if applicable) and any restock fee(again, if applicable).

Edit:
My "Why not buy a pair..." was not a question. It is a "why not statement" as to what you have to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks