What's new

Is this a good deal? (CRT for HDTV) (1 Viewer)

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
I'm close to making a deal where I swap my Toshiba 40x81 HDTV for a Marquee 8000 CRT projector. The tubes have almost 6000 hours on them but show no sign of burn in.
Should I make this swap?
confused.gif
(Do you think it's a good deal?) The guy with the CRT has been very helpful and I trust him but I just want some opinions before I go ahead with the deal. (I've never seen a CRT in action but I've heard very good things so,,,)
What do you think?
All opinions wanted so please don't hesitate, I would love to hear from some CRT owners out there...
Mike
------------------
BLAM!
Good, bad...I'm the guy with the gun.
I'm looking to trade my Toshiba 40 x 81 HDTV for a CRT or DLP FP
Check out my movie mural here... http://www.geocities.com/superfacehu...ater_Page.html

John-D

Stunt Coordinator
A 40x81 today would be worth a $1000... tops.
You need to be sure that the unit does not have burn or heavy usage wear.
Seems like either that person doesn't know what his unit is worth, or is really not into front projection.
Visit AVS Forums and check around the experts there. Ask if this unit can be retubed with refurbished tubes.
To me it looks like a good deal if you want to get into CRT Front Projection.
Good Luck
------------------
The things we own end up owning us

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Micheal
Sorry, I don't own an FP setup, so I can't advise on that front. If you don't get a response here, you should try out AVSforum as suggested by another poster. They seem to have a pretty active FP group and they might be able to give you more insight as to whether you are getting a good deal or not.
------------------
[Edited last by Edwin-S on September 28, 2001 at 07:20 PM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks