Is there a login?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Steve_Ch, Nov 13, 2001.

1. Steve_Ch

Steve_Ch Supporting Actor

Periodically, I clean out all the cookies and cache on my system and as a result, all my auto login would be gone. When I came back to the forum, I could not find a "login" and it seemed the only way to log myself back in again is to post a message, true ?

2. Rob Gillespie

Rob Gillespie Producer

There's a login at the top of the main forum index page. I think it's labelled for private messages, but it's the same thing. You still need to post a message to get your username and password to 'stick' for replies though.

3. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    What you really need to do in that situation is to click on the Bio button and log in that way, then click on the Preferences button to save a new cookie to your computer for the forum. After you have done the above you WILL need to post a new message or reply to a message so the cookie will stick.
    Parker

4. Steve_Ch

Thanks, did the Bio, Pref thing and this is my message that hopefully will make the cookie "stick".

5. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    Steve:
    I hope it holds on for you too.
    BTW, what was your original title for this thread? It seems to have been chopped off.
    Parker

6. Steve_Ch

Things are fine, and cookie sticked, thanks. I beleive the original title was "Is there a login ??" or something close to it, I was surprised that it got chop off, but it could be my fault too.

7. Steve_Ch

Parker,
    I just noticed that another thread that I started over at the hardware forum also got a chopped off title, I am not sure what's going on and it seemed to just happened recently. Any clues ? Possible configuration corruption ? Thanks for the help.