What's new

Is there a login? (1 Viewer)

Steve_Ch

Supporting Actor
Periodically, I clean out all the cookies and cache on my system and as a result, all my auto login would be gone. When I came back to the forum, I could not find a "login" and it seemed the only way to log myself back in again is to post a message, true ?

Rob Gillespie

Senior HTF Member
There's a login at the top of the main forum index page. I think it's labelled for private messages, but it's the same thing. You still need to post a message to get your username and password to 'stick' for replies though.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
What you really need to do in that situation is to click on the Bio button and log in that way, then click on the Preferences button to save a new cookie to your computer for the forum. After you have done the above you WILL need to post a new message or reply to a message so the cookie will stick.
Parker

Steve_Ch

Supporting Actor
Thanks, did the Bio, Pref thing and this is my message that hopefully will make the cookie "stick".

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Steve:
I hope it holds on for you too.
BTW, what was your original title for this thread? It seems to have been chopped off.
Parker

Steve_Ch

Supporting Actor
Things are fine, and cookie sticked, thanks. I beleive the original title was "Is there a login ??" or something close to it, I was surprised that it got chop off, but it could be my fault too.

Steve_Ch

Supporting Actor
Parker,
I just noticed that another thread that I started over at the hardware forum also got a chopped off title, I am not sure what's going on and it seemed to just happened recently. Any clues ? Possible configuration corruption ? Thanks for the help.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks