is there a dangerous magnetic field around a cellphone antennae?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by felix_suwarno, Jun 10, 2009.

1. felix_suwarno

felix_suwarno Screenwriter

guys, pardon my english.

I have a situation and i need advice, ASAP.

Look, i rent a 4 floor building. I am using the first 3 floors as a showroom and photography studio. And I live on the 4th floor.

The person who rent me this building didnt tell me that the building has a big antennae on the roof. I dont know how to explain this, but i will try. It is somekind of a cellphone antennae, that is supposed to boost the signal for people using cellphones in my area.

So i really want to know whether it is dangerous for me to live just under it. Is it unhealthy in the long term? What am i supposed to do? The owner of this place didnt let me know about the presence of the device when I signed the contract.

Please advise. thx

2. Matt Stryker

Matt Stryker Screenwriter

If I remember right, someone on the forum specializes in legal issues/contracts relating to Cell Phone towers. You might do a search in After Hours for past posts.

3. Steve_Tk

Steve_Tk Cinematographer

Some people say cell phones can cause cancer after prolonged exposure, and I have one in my pocket or near me 24 hours a day. In reference to your problem, who knows.