Is the PS2 going to see a pricedrop?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Youssef, Nov 15, 2001.

1. Youssef

Youssef Stunt Coordinator

with the release of xbox and gamecube this week, i was hoping to see a pricedrop of the PS2 but have not heard anything yet. does anyone know something about this? right now the PS2 has 5 games i must have (TonyH3, Devil May Cry, Gran Turismo 3, Madden 2001, GTA 3).

2. Michael Hudson

Michael Hudson Stunt Coordinator

Sony has said not this year. With all the games they have coming out I don't see why they would.
    ------------------
    Michael
    Video Game Tracker
    DVD Tracker
    DVD Profiler
    CD Tracker

3. Sean Eldridge

Sean Eldridge Second Unit

I swore up and down that there would be a pricedrop this winter sometime. But that doesn't seem to be too likely now. They have too many great games coming out and that are out to drop it. I would hope to see one by spring though.
    Sean
    ------------------
    "My girls won 10 out of 11. And the 11th was won by a deaf mute. You can't beat that."

4. Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina Executive Producer

Can someone post a quick list of the great games coming out for PS2? I ask this in all seriousness, because I'm about to take the plunge on one of these new consoles. Nothing in PS2's current arsenal makes me want to buy it, and I do quick searches on gamespot but maybe I just don't know which titles to look for.
    Right now I'm leaning towards GCN but if there truly are some really good games coming out for PS2 I may change my mind.
    Thanks!

5. Conroy Tesa

Conroy Tesa Stunt Coordinator

I doubt it.
    A friend of mine works for sony and they are still losing money on each unit sold so I doubt it will happen in the near future.
    ------------------
    Conroy

6. ChrisV

ChrisV Second Unit