What's new

Is the problem with the sub or the AVR or both? (1 Viewer)

flycaster

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Adam
I have the Yamaha rxv-800 (to download manual: http://download.yamaha.com/search/pr...uct_id=1064064) and am using a Paradigm PD-8. We recently had a thunder/lightening storm that fried the board within our security panel, and also may have done something to either the sub or the AVR. For the setup, I had the 2 mains, center and rear set at large, with 1D LFE/Bass Out set at SWF. After the storm, I noticed that whenever I changed TV stations, there was a bump-rumble sound from the sub, but not from any of the other speakers. First I disconnected the sub and changed the 1D LFE/Bass to Main, no more untoward sound when changing TV stations. So, I'm thinking (and hoping) that it was the sub that got blown and not the AVR. But now as I write this and think more about it, some circuit within the AVRN that controls the sub may have been effected and I don't know how to test for that. Nonetheless, as you guys know a hell of a lot more than I do, I'd appreciate your take on the situation. Thanks.

flycaster

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Adam
solved problem. the a of the a-b speakers buttons somehow disconnected. so my mains were not working and when switching channels i got that bump from the sub. pushing in the button brought my mains back and stopped the bass bump. don't know why though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks