What's new

Is the Pi DVD in the new Darren Aronofsky boxset anamorphic? (1 Viewer)

There is a boxset of Pi and Requiem for a Dream coming out this week, and I haven't heard anyone confirming if it's the same Pi DVD that is already out, or if it's a new anamorphic transfer.
Anyone know?

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
I don't know how reliable this is, but Best Buy lists it as 16x9....

"Requiem for a Dream: Commentary by director Darren Aronofsky Commentary by director of photography Matthew Libatique 16x9 widescreen (1.85:1 ratio) 5.1 Dolby Digital audio The anatomy of a scene "The Making of Requiem for a Dream" documentary Deleted scenes with optional commentary Memories, Dreams and Addictions: Ellen Burstyn interviews Hubert Selby Jr. Theatrical trailers and tv spots Pi: 16X9 widescreen (1.66:1 ratio) 2.0 Dolby Surround audio Commentary with director Commentary with actors Behind-the-scenes montage Lost scenes Music video Cast and crew information Production notes Theatrical trailers"

I guess we won't know for sure till a review pops up somewhere....

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Yep, and although Lionsgate did right by Reservoir Dogs (finally!) all bets are off until we see a review.

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
It is NOT anamoprhic, repeat Pi is NOT anamorphic.

I just got this from Best Buy this morning.

In fact, the disc art is identical to the old releases for both and still carries the Artisan logo and catalog numbers.

Only the box art says Lionsgate.

As usual Lionsgate doesn't have a clue about accuracy.

Do not buy this looking for an anamorphic Pi.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
Although the film was shot on 16mm reversal film, and blown up from that for theatrical release. I can't imagine it would be an easy process to make an anamorphic transfer from that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks