What's new

is the Phantom Menace worth Buying on DVD ? (1 Viewer)

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Only if youd like a home theater experience that will rip your speakers a new ass!
Great! I guess that means I can expect my speakers to crap all over my HT room tonight.
Peace Out~
biggrin.gif

------------------
http://home.earthlink.net/~peregrinefalcon

Robert Spalding

Second Unit
oh please tell me you knew I was joking...just ask Tom Ryan, I think he knows me well enough now to tell I joke alot.
------------------
------------------
Sirdvd.com
Link Removed

Joe6pack99

Second Unit
Real Name
Jarett
Is this disc worth 17.99 are you kidding me? First of all its STAR WARS on dvd! Second its a 2 disc set with great video and audio(good but not the LD) and a ton of other extra from a great 1hr+ commentary to deleted scenes etc just go BUY!

Richard Cooper

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, but it's starwars with some idiotic 'thing' called Ja-Ja Binks. Anyway, don;t comment about that cos it ain't worth it :) Overall, the film has a VERY good soundtrack. The positional sounds are spot on! The bass is pretty darn good too, even on my (relativley) low system -

AaronMK

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Aaron Karp
Star Wars on DVD. Need I say more?
Even though it was the worst installment, the pod race and dual of the fates alone make it worthwhile. The deleted scenes are 5.1 and have completed special effeects. What I have seen of the documentary featurettes is also informative as opposed to fluff.
But it makes me want the original trilogy on DVD that much more. 2006 can't come soon enough (or Lucas realizing that we would be thrilled with barebones releases now to hold us until the 2006 special editions).
------------------
My DVD's
If a movie is not available in OAR, than it might as well not be available at all.

Dave Vaughn

Stunt Coordinator
The THX trailer is very good IMO...It scared my 5 year old when the thunder went off. The surrond sound separation is awesome on my Onkyo 989 wit the full EX set-up (2 rear speakers). The pod race sequence is better than Demo material. The LD sound must be out of this world because this the the best DD 5.1 soundtrack that I have heard. It actually sounds as rich as a DTS track IMO. It will take me a week to go through all of the extra's.
Well worth the 17.99 at Best Buy!
------------------

Mike Romo

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike Romo
I just watched the first part of the "deleted scenes" documentary and I said aloud to myself, "This is a great DVD."
The movie has its problems, but I have been waiting to hear Williams' score and the Star Wars crawl since my first DVD player in 1997. The DVD is well designed, the movie sounds and looks fantastic and is a lot of fun. The multiple menus and incredible tome of extras makes this a great demo CD, in my opinion. It's a very polished product and I am very happy with it. I preordered it a long time ago (in this galaxy) but I am pleased to see it so affordable.
Buy the DVD--it's well worth it.
(and turn up the bass during the pod race scene--it's a great way to get the dust off your cabinets)
best,
mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks