What's new

Is The Onkyo TX-NR646 Reliable ? (1 Viewer)

Pyro2488

Auditioning
Real Name
Raj
I want to buy an av receiver and got one store in Fiji that sells only Onkyo brand receivers. I've been doing a lot of research about the Onkyo receivers online and have read many articles about people complaining that the receivers start having technical problems after a few months. They say there's a faulty HDMI board in all of their receivers that causes HDMI video signal loss. Some say it can't even be fixed by doing a firmware update. The only other brand of receiver I can buy is Yamaha but there are no compatible speakers available for it. The only compatible speakers sold are best suited for the Onkyo receivers which are at 6 ohms while the Yamaha needs speakers with 8 ohms impedance. The 6 ohms speakers are cheaper and available in different brands but the 8 ohms speakers are very hard to find and very expensive. If anyone of you guys living in USA , Australia or UK have owned the Onkyo TX-NR646 receiver for at least two years without ever having any problems with the HDMI then please let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks