What's new

Is the new Adcom HT pre-pro out yet ? (1 Viewer)

John Tompkins

Supporting Actor
Havent heard if its out (forget the model #)but remember seeing an advertisement about it a couple of months ago. Adcom imo makes some high quality no-nonsense equipment at a relatively good price...anybody know if its out or when it will be out..thanks

Kevin McCurdy

Stunt Coordinator
John,

I think your talking about the Adcom GTP860? Onecall has it listed as low stock, so I assume it's out?

kevitra

Second Unit
I ordered something from onecall yesterday and it was 'low stock'. For me it meant they had 1 left. After I ordered it went to 'out of stock.'. They might have one or two in stock..

John Tompkins

Supporting Actor
Kevin,

Yea thats the one. I dont know if it has dd- ex and dts-es by reading what the have listed, which is:

Available in Mid-December!
The newest addition to ADCOM’s line of home theater preamplifiers, the GTP-860 offers superior audio and video performance over the best receivers available today. ADCOM’s own 7.1 circuitry provides enhanced sound field depth and imaging, even with stereo and 5.1 source material. Easy to set-up and use, the GTP-860 comes with a learning remote control that will operate all of your home theater components. Combine the GTP-860 with one of ADCOM’s new 5 or 7 channel amplifiers for a home theater that sounds better than the real theater. Available in black or silver, the GTP-860 continues ADCOM’s tradition of bringing high-performance separates at down-to-earth prices.

Manufacturer's Warranty: 5 Years Parts / 5 Years Labor -Carry In Service

GTP-860 Specifications Back To Top

7.1 Multi-Format Surround Outputs including Dolby Digital, DTS, & Prologic II

Six Digital Inputs; S-Video, Composite, & Component Video Switching

Multi-Zone Source Direct Outputs

Linear Power Supply With ADCOM Toroidal Transformer

192 KHZ 24 Bit DSP Processing

5.1 Analog Input for SACD and DVD-Audio

Learning Remote Control

Does this have DD-EX AND DTS-ES or just Adcoms version ??

ChrisHeflen

Supporting Actor
Actually, the 860 is at least a year old and is pretty out-dated I think. They have a new one coming out called the 880. According to the CEDIA report in "The Perfect Vision", it is scheduled for release in the first quarter of this year. It has some pretty cool features from what the article says and they also say it should be $2000.00. I just hope it doesn't make me regret my Anthem.

I'd excpect some more new products from them when this one comes out. I heard from my dealer they got bought out and have re-grouped so to speak. I guess it was a tool company of all things that bought them.

Alex Prosak

Supporting Actor
I don't think the Adcom will make you regret your Anthem at all. Adcom makes decent quality gear but when it comes to HT, IMHO they have always been behind the times. They seem to have their timing down such that as soon as they release a piece of equipment, every other manufacturer on the planet introduces a one up product within a month.

Dan Driscoll

Supporting Actor
Actually, the 860 is at least a year old and is pretty out-dated I think. They have a new one coming out called the 880.
Chris,

I believe you are thinking about the GTP-830, which has been out for about a year. The 860 came has only been out for a few weeks and 880 isn't released yet. I'm still trying to find a review on either one. I believe the 860 is supposed to compete in the Rotel RSP-1066 range and the 880 is going to be positioned somewhat higher, but still below the Ref 50 and AVM-20 range.

I don't know about the 880, but the 860 digitizes everything except the 5.1 DVD-A/SACD inputs.

Nick V

Second Unit
Does anyone own the GTP-860 that can comment on it's performance for HT, Music, and SACD/DVD-A??

I would also like to know if it uses a "real" analog bypass for the 5.1 inputs as opposed to doubling the info under 80Hz like the Rotel and Outlaw clones?

I'd also really like to know when the GTP-880 is coming out if anyone has that info.

Nick

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks