What's new

Is the Forum on Life Support??? (1 Viewer)

Diallo B

Screenwriter
I have been on hiatus for a while but i have been checking in more regularly lately. it seems like there is alot less action happening here than in times past.

anyone know what is going on?

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

Well, there was this writer's strike you may have heard about... :)

And this is traditionally a slow time for theatrical releases, so there just hasn't been as much to talk about as there usually is.

Regards,

Joe

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Actually, there was a major silica spill on the forums recently. And it's a well known fact that silica absorbs threads (and salsa).

Eric_L

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric
a few years ago they tightened up the standards on the After-hours lounge topics. With less 'juicy' topics traffic has notably declined - likely to the betterment of the HTF. I suspect that the old jucier AHL might have acted as a 'loss-leader' - attracting people who eventually also visited the other areas.
Maybe we need another 'should I leave my husband?' thread...

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
We need another science vs made-up-crap throwdown. I have a strong suspicion that the loony ratio has increased around here over time, and they need to be exposed. Quick, somebody make a ridiculous, unsupportable claim about ghosts, ESP, or alien visitations!

Did you know that ghosts possess ESP and are the primary tool that the trilateral commission uses for predicting alien invasions. Prove me wrong!

Brad

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
IMHO, I'm not so sure I agree that it was for the better. I was always finding several interesting somethings to read here in the After Hours forum. It used to be that the first page postings were all "today." Now it's half a page.

Dave Hahn

Premium
Real Name
Dave Hahn

Okay, can't resist! :)

Hooked up my new $25,000.00 Tube Amplifier, using $7,500.00 inter-connect cables and $5,000.00 speaker wires; the purity of the music drew the spirits of the dead from the entire county into my living room. As word spread, a strange gravity-defying vehicle, (closely followed by several black, unmarked helicopters), landed in my backyard. The new visitors were so impressed with the technology of the tube amp and 'special' wiring, they scanned them and planned to add the technology to their craft. Then, of course, there was the inevitable anal probe, but I don't want to get into that . . .

Soon thereafter, I received a phone call from a true member of the audiophile intelligentsia, who lived, surprise, in California. He said had been having an out-of-body experience; visiting my living room and grooving to my ultimate set-up.

All good things come to an end: the Ghost Hunters showed up and scared all the spirits away. The 'visitors' ran to their craft in the backyard and flew off into the night sky moments before the 'secret non-existing government agency that tracks extra-terrestrial activity' showed up. After the feds left, none other than Big Foot crashed through my front door and made off with my new audio system.

All in all I'd have to say it was a bad night.

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
But if you didn't blindfold the sasquatch and use a controlled approach of A-B testing of the recording against an actual chorus of chupacabras and wood nymphs, then how can you really claim that the system objectively sounded good? Maybe if you had mentioned a green marker then it would be credible...Brad

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan

I can't imagine ever being that old. :)

Maybe we should start a thread about ugly chicks.

Golda Meier

Dave Hahn

Premium
Real Name
Dave Hahn

You're one of those fact-loving, book-reading, research orientated ultra-conservative, unimaginative fascist neo-nazis, aren't you? Your type is always trying to rain on our parade. You don't need any stupid tests to tell how good a superior tube-powered sound system with ultra-special wiring is compared to the mere digital drek sold to the unwashed masses; you just use your karma!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks