Is SVS getting rid of the pb12/plus 2's?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by chris bruce, Dec 29, 2007.

1. chris bruce

chris bruce Stunt Coordinator

I just went to SVS's website and saw they are clearencing the plus 2's. Are they replacing them with their new ultra 13? I think SVS subwoofers are fantastic. They make good constructed and awesome looking subs. But I have 2 plus's 2 in a room that is 10 x 12 with 8ft. ceilings. I was planning on buying 2 more plus 2's sometime in the future. I actually want to see if I can collapse somebody's chest cavity, ha ha just kidding. I am all about the bass. My two subs now are awesome. I almost couldn't ask for more. Almost. Thant's why I was planning on buying two more down the road. But I guess I can't now. Did anybody comparte these new ultra 13's against the plus 2's yet? It's very hard for me to imagine that those plus 2's can be outperformed by a single woofer. Thanks

2. JohnRice

JohnRice Lead Actor

John
    All you have to do is read the PB12 Plus/2 page...

So, the short answer is Yes.

3. Guy Usher

Guy Usher Supporting Actor

Their best bang for the buck is still the PB12NSD2 at considerably less money. I owned the +2 loved it dearly then for whatever reason sold it. Now 3 or 4 subs later I have the NSD2 and in my room you are hard pressed if you can even tell the difference between the two. . .

Makes sense to me if in fact they are dropping the +2. That 13Ultra is priced pretty close to the + model . . . I'd rather keep the 13 and the nsd2 for an entry level dual 12in if I'm making any sense at all. . .

4. AlanZ

AlanZ Screenwriter

Understatement of the frickin' YEAR! Dude, my room is 12x16 with a sloped ceiling that rises to 12' at the crease, and all I have in here right now is a PB10. I'm likely going to pick up an Ultra 13 soon, but I couldn't imagine having FOUR 12plus2s in my room. I used to have a PB12-NSD/2 in my last house, which was a much more open space, and that thing blew us out of the joint...what is the experience like with that crazy bass you have?? Do you end up with bruises?

5. Wayne Ernst

Wayne Ernst Cinematographer

Not bad ... considering the year will be over in a few hours. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Enjoy! [​IMG]

6. SherardP

SherardP Stunt Coordinator

Plus/2 is a beast. Im running two of them with the SMS-1 and will soon add a 3rd if I can get to it in time, it not I'll add the Ultra 13 and cause another earthquake in Japan.