What's new

Is Smirnoff Ice considered a woman's drink? (1 Viewer)

TheoGB

Screenwriter
Well over here it tastes something like a lemon squash with vodka in - very sweet but with a bitter after taste. Nice.

If it's not got vodka in is it still the same colour in the States? Over here it's a cloudy white colour...

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
Yeah it's still a cloudy white color in the U.S. Essentially it looks like lemonade. And it tastes like a carbonated lemonade with a vaguely alcoholish zing. It is what it is: a lemon-flavored malt beverage. Personally I like the taste of Smirnoff Ice above its competitors. Doc Otis Hard Lemon is a close second. I don't like Mike's Hard Lemonade at all, it has an orange peel aftertaste that the others don't have.

I haven't had the opportunity to try Bacardi Silver. From what I've read, it does contain Bacardi rum.

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
I wouldn't consider anyhting a "women's" drink. If you like it, drink it. When at home I drink Bass Pale Ale, when I go out, I drink Bass Pale Ale and a martini or two, or three, or four.
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

-Dean-

Bill Eberhardt

Stunt Coordinator
I don't drink anything with sugar in it - alcoholic or not.
Or rice. :) Barley, yeast, and hops are good enough for me. Let's hear it for the German purity laws. :emoji_thumbsup:

Julie K

Screenwriter
Barley, yeast, and hops are good enough for me. Let's hear it for the German purity laws.

They are needlessly restrictive. (And in fact, the famous and delicious German wheat beers would not be allowed under the strict barley interpretation.)

In addition, I like Belgium beers (Lambic is yummy!) far too much to be impressed by German purity laws. Let's hear it for the wise use of additives like fruit, wheat (malted or not), oats, sugars, and bacterial cultures.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks