Is Smirnoff Ice considered a woman's drink?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by StephenA, Apr 15, 2002.

1. StephenA

StephenA Screenwriter

I was just wondering. I've heard it been called a woman's drink and a drink for wusses. Of course I'm not a wuss when it comes to drinking, but I like the taste of Smirnoff Ice. One of my friends on the other hand, is a huge wuss when it comes to drinking because he got drunk off of 6 Smirnoff Ices. It'd take a whole lot more than that to get me cocked. So does anyone else like Smirnoff Ice?

2. Garrett Lundy

Garrett Lundy Producer

Hmm, I've heard it's a woman's drink, But this is coming from people who regard everything as a "woman's" drink unless it's beer or whiskey. I myself don't drink it, or any other critrus mixed-beverages because it causes heartburn[​IMG]

3. Julie K

Julie K Screenwriter

Only a "wuss" quits drinking what he likes in order to bow to peer pressure.
    (And as for a 'woman's drink' - I'll just [​IMG] Now gimme a Guinness dammit. )

4. TheoGB

TheoGB Screenwriter

Frankly, do you care? I don't. Some days I want a tasty drink and somedays it's just too sugary for me.
    Is it 5.4% over there too? I only ask because someone once told me that beers are often about 2% in certain US states...
    6 is certainly enough to get me pretty wasted, though not so I can't remember the evening!![​IMG]

5. BrianB

BrianB Producer

6. StephenA

StephenA Screenwriter

Yea, Smirnoff Ice is only like 5% alcohol. I can drink a 5th of whiskey or tequila and no one would know I was drunk. Believe me, I've done this and even my mom didn't know I was drunk. And no I'm not gonna stop drinking Smirnoff Ice, I was just wondering if it was considered a woman's drink by some.

7. Brian Mansure

Brian Mansure Second Unit

I know many people who consider it a "woman's drink" which is such a crock IMO.

I also know many people that consider a Long Islang Ice Tea a "woman's drink" but not many of those same people can put back 3-4 well-mixed Long Island Ice Teas and not be pretty F'd up.

As for me, I prefer a good captain and coke.

Brian

8. Jeffrey_Jones

Jeffrey_Jones Second Unit

I don't think it's a woman's drink at all. I don't drink it because I don't like any of the malt beverages that are suppose to taste like they have hard alcohol in them.

9. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Cinematographer

I am a big fan of woman drinks, or sissy drinks as all my friends call them. My favorite drink is Zima, most people hate it I know, but I just can't get enough. I've tried Smirnoff Ice and was repulsed by it, as I was with Skyy Blue. I haven't found a drink to replace good ol' Zima yet, except Margaritas which is what I usually drink when I go out.

10. StephenA

StephenA Screenwriter

That's why I don't drink much, I don't wanna ruin my liver or become an alcoholic. My cousin's a huge alcohlic, and doesn't much money, is always in a bad mood, etc. There's alot of alcoholism in my family. The last time I drank was in December.

11. Jason Handy

Jason Handy Second Unit

12. TheoGB

TheoGB Screenwriter

I take it a 5th means something in the USA. I just read that and wondered 'a 5th of what?'. I guess this is maybe like 'qarts' and such. We don't have those over here. Pints, half-pints or mls. Smirnoff Ice is pretty strong for a drink. It's more potent than a Becks (only 5% IIRC) for the same volume.

13. Richard Travale

Richard Travale Producer

Rich Travale
    To quote the Kids in the hall "Hey Ray, you're a girlie drink drunk"
    Actually I like Smirnoff Ice but after 2 or 3 it gives me heartburn. Has anyone here tried REV? It's a vodka based cooler like the Ice but it also has caffeine added. Good Times!!! [​IMG]

14. Wayne Bundrick

Wayne Bundrick Cinematographer

If I'm out drinking with a bunch of guys, then I'll drink beer with the guys. But if I'm on a date or at a party with a healthy mix of single females present who are not drinking beer, then I'm as likely to drink what they're drinking, or at least something other than beer.

Smirnoff Ice is 5% alcohol. (Smirnoff Ice in the U.S. does not contain vodka, but it does in many other countries including England.)

I think a margarita is a good unisex drink. It's fruity, and yet it's got tequila. There's nothing wussy about te-kill-ya.

15. Ron-P

Ron-P Producer

Ron

16. Evan S

Evan S Cinematographer

I personally don't like Smirnoff Ice...but I do like the Skyy Blue. It has less aftertaste.

I still will always prefer and buy beer however and the new Sam Adams Light is fantastic, although because of different breweries and water supplies I've heard it tastes much inferior on the west coast than on the east.

17. Jeff Pryor

Jeff Pryor Supporting Actor

Smirnoff Ice is just a strong Zima, and very nasty. Unless I'm already drunk and out of beer, I won't drink 'em. I think coolers are more in line with feminine drinking, and I see Smirnoff in that category.

18. Jeffrey Noel

Jeffrey Noel Screenwriter

Personally, I could care less if people think Smirnoff Ice is a "woman's drink." If I like it, I'll drink it!

If you like Smirnoff Ice, I recommend Skyy Blue and Bacardi Silver. Both are pretty durn good!

19. Pamela

Pamela Supporting Actor

I'm a woman and I don't like Smirnoff Ice. Yuck!

20. Chris Wittry

Chris Wittry Stunt Coordinator

Every drink I've seen listed here is a wussy drink. Anything weaker than ethanol is for women! [​IMG]