What's new

Is she old enough? (1 Viewer)

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Even if it's not the kid's first movie, or even if it's not your own kid, seeing a kid friendly movie with kids is unbeatable. I saw Wallace & Gromit and Charlie & the Chocolate Factory with packed houses of other people's kids and it enhanced the movie-going experience for me personally. With my 2 nieces I saw the resent live action Charlotte's Web, with my other niece and nephew we saw Homeward Bound years ago. These are experiences I'll never forget. I remember seeing Shrek with lots of kids in the audience. Funniest thing ever was when Shrek screams at those bounty hunters at the beginning this little kid in the audience screamed bloody murder like it was scariest thing they'd ever seen. Bad choice on that one! :D But I'll bet Wall-E will be an excellent choice. I'll be seeing that one at the Saturday mattinee. I hope there's a lot of kids. Good luck with yours. :) And...earplugs are a GREAT idea. Just get weak ones so it doesn't take all the sound away.

Bob McLaughlin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob
Well, we saw a 10:00 AM showing of Wall-E on Saturday and my daughter loved it! She did get a little squirmy in the last 20 minutes or so (and panicked when her sandal fell off her foot and I couldn't find it right away) but overall she did very well. She got a free Wall-E watch which she wears proudly (although I'll be damned if I can get it to tell the right time) and we took her picture in front of the cardboard standup Wall-E display in the lobby.

I put in the earplugs for the previews which were pretty noisy as predicted, but I took them out for the movie itself, which was quieter.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Well, too bad, honey. The Sandal Monster has got it now and he's not giving it back.

:D

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I think we will be going to it tomorrow and I'm going to make sure no one is wearing sandals.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Ironically, it did not go as smoothly as I hoped when we saw it on Friday. It wasn't bad or anything and our girl did pretty well, but she just wasn't taken with the movie (although she asked to got to the movies again when we drove by the theater yesterday). The wife thinks it could be because there wasn't anything easily recognizable to the kids-- not a lot of futuristic robots running around.

Despite the fact I wasn't looking forward to seeing it, we will probably try to see Kung Fu Panda before it leaves theaters. The animals seem to be a big draw.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks