What's new

Is Scifi channel movie "Riverworld" going to come out on dvd?? (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I know some Scifi channel movies come out on dvd. Does anyone know if Riverworld is going to be released on dvd?

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
No idea. Unlike Children Of Dune, it hasn't quickly appeared at the various e-tailers.

Also, this "wildcard" bit of info appeared this past Saturday (I first saw it today): despite being touted by SciFi as a simple "telefilm", and the IMDB's "coding system" (lack of quotes around the title, but the "(TV)" designator right after the title) seeming to indicate the same, a coworker today pointed me to a place I usually stay far away from: Aint It Cool News, where "Hercules" there says JUST this:

It’s actually a pilot. The first 15 are pretty good, but why only one Neanderthal?
Huh...this is gonna be a series? :eek: First I've heard of it. What does he mean "the first 15 are pretty good"? Are 15 episodes made already?!?!?

As for being "pretty good", the IMDB commentator thought otherwise! :D

I *hope* it comes to DVD soon, so I can judge for myself. I don't have cable/satellite (since I have so many DVDs!), and I love the Riverworld novels, so I'd like to have this on disc and see if it's any good.

GregoryP

Supporting Actor
Sci Fi channel shows seem to be hit or miss as far as DVD goes. Taken was announced around the time it aired and Children of Dune was announced long before the series aired.

But as far as I know, there has been no announcement about Clive Barker's Saint Sinner. It aired last October and I somehow deleted it before I had a chance to watch it. I think there was talk about it coming to DVD before it aired, but nothing since then.

Gregory

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks