What's new

Is Schwarzenegger Going Back To Acting? (1 Viewer)

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
MANIA: With Arnold Schwarzenegger finishing out his office of governing the state of California, the question amongst fans is whether the big man will be returning to the cinematic world which made him famous or staying in the political arena. Well, for now, it looks like he could be going back to the former option with Krone and ArnoldFans.com reporting he's circling three different scripts at the moment.

While two of his possible acting returns are being kept hidden for now, the third is a look back at World War II which would have Arnold as an older German soldier who refuses an order to kill innocents. With the film called With Wings as Eagles, here's what the low down on the project;

"Currently I'm reading three scripts." says Schwarzenegger. "One topic/script, which I considered a long time ago before governor, is delighting me particularly. In it I would play an older [German] soldier, who gets the order at the ending of the war to kill a bunch of kids. But he doesn't do it and get them to safety at the risk of his life and it has all kind of adventure. This script is based on a true story!"

spshultz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Ratzen
I'm definitely looking forward to him returning to acting. And the WWII film sounds good but hopefully won't be upbeat or comical in any way shape or form.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I voted for Rambo too, I was bigger on those and the Rocky films.

That WW2 film sounds stupid too me. Arnold should be smart, hook up with John Milius and make a NC17 "King Conan" movie.

Someone get me on the phone with Hollywood and make this happen!

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
Originally Posted by Russell G
Arnold should be smart, hook up with John Milius and make a NC17 "King Conan" movie.
Someone get me on the phone with Hollywood and make this happen!
Agreed!

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I voted for Bruce Willis. Out of that group, at least he can act. If Mel Gibson had been on there, I would probably have voted for him.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
I should have put Gibson on that poll, but he didn't even occur to me, for some reason. Don't know why, He was excellent back in the 80s with his Mad Max and Lethal Weapon flicks. Too bad you can't alter a poll after it's created. And, yes, I just voted for Dolph. Surprised no one else did. That man kicked ass in THE PUNISHER, SHOWDOWN IN LITTLE TOKYO, and UNIVERSAL SOLDIER, not to mention SILENT TRIGGER and MEN OF WAR

Mikael Soderholm

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mikael Söderholm
Tough call between Arnold and Bruce there, for me, but it was Bruce, in the end, for his versatility. Btw, shouldn't that be return to 'starring', not 'acting' in the topic ;)?

Action film actors don't really act, they star, don't they?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks