What's new

Is Scaring People Illegal? (1 Viewer)

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
Can you just randomly jump out of a bush or something and go "Rrrrraaaaaaarrrrrrr!!" to anyone? anytime?

My girlfriend has this weird fetish of hiding in closets, bushes etc. and jumping out and scaring the sh*t out of people. What if she scares someone to death?

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
You mean she does this to people she doesn't know? Doesn't sound very smart to me.

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
What if she chooses someone who is a 4th degree Jujitsu master and winds up drinking her meals through a straw? Legal is here and there, but you just can't go wrong with adding a dash of smart.

El Diablo no juege...

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
My word! yes, people she knows. Being a martial artist myself; I'm sure the "4th degree Jujitsu master" could maintain. :)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Did you ever see that hidden camera video where they filled a hole with water and covered it with leaves? Then the unsuspecting people would fall into it!!! :eek:

With my fragile back, I'd probably do some serious damage if I ever came across that and BOY would I be PISSED!!!!!

EDIT: Link
Please tell me it's fake ;)

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
Screw the ju-jitsu master, what about a guy with a concealed weapon who opens fire because he thinks he's being assaulted?

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
There's that guy in San Fransisco that has been doing just that for years. He is homeless (or at least appears to be) and hides behind a tree he holds, then scares people on the peer. There's a video probably on youtube with it.

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan

Mark, I saw this for the first time a week or two ago. Simply hilarious. Although I remember thinking at the time, someone could seriously get hurt.

The people on the bikes were the best! :D

ChristopherDAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
AE5VI
Well, if she "puts someone in fear" it's assault. I wouldn't be so worried about the legal aspect, though. It just is not sound behaviour.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.

fake, looks staged.

girlfriends behavior is really odd.

whats the point of that, it just isnt funny
this needs to be looked at by some one who is a dr.
it's not funny but it is irritating

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
If I were watching your girlfriend do this to someone, I would laugh my freakin' ass off, but if she did it to me, sorry dude, she's goin' down. ;)

At the very least I think it would be considered a nusance crime, like pan handling and public drunkeness.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Ah yes, the Bush Man. You feel like such a juvenile, hanging around watching him capture his prey, but it's highly entertaining.

I once stuffed myself into overhead closet compartment and scared the bejesus out of my friend. Fortunately her fear reaction was screaming and freezing rather than jumping backward since she was standing on a chair at the time. In hindsight it was kind of stupid of me, but that's what being in college is mostly about. :)

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
From a civil law point of view, it's probably assault. Civil assault, unlike criminal assault, doesn't require actual contact. With the "egg-shell plaintiff" theory, she could be liable for a wrongful death action if the scaree (is that a real word? :laugh: ) drops dead of a heart attack.

You should have her read "The Hound of the Baskervilles".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks