What's new

Is quiet rock worth it? (1 Viewer)

hbk842

Auditioning
Real Name
Sean Geer
I just finished pricing out the quiet rock and it is considerably more expensive. Has anyone installed this in their basement or at home? I am just trying to figure out if I should just increase the thickness of normal drywall or not. Thanks for any input.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
It wasn't worth it to me. The lower the frequency, the less it attenuates the sound. I'm a bass nut so it was useless. To keep the peace in the family, I have a single 12" sub that I use when I want to keep things quiet. For full blown action movies I use my dual 15's.

-Robert

troy evans

Screenwriter
I can't speak for anyone else here, but, I like my rock loud, not quiet. :D Seriously, you may be better off looking into sound absorbtion materials. Rather than putting up sheet rock.

Ted White

Agent
The low frequencies is where it all either happens or it doesn't. The quiet rock is a bit expensive for what you get. Or what you could get with other techniques and materials.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks