What's new

Is My Band of Brothers A Bootleg? Need Advice.. (1 Viewer)

dreamflangeCAN

Auditioning
Real Name
Rich
Hey There, I just joined this forum to get some better info on whether the set of band of brothers i just bought off of ebay is a bootleg or not, so I can return it.

My guess is yes, as i've never seen the packaging and the upc is:026354850868

Which, through my hours of searching haven't been able to find anywhere on the web.

The Case is about the size of a normal dvd box but thicker with almost a pillow top to it, I haven't opened it yet so I do not know whats inside. The
case is sealed on the top and not on the bottom or sides so the case flips open vertically to gain access to the inside.

Now, I know there was a version before the limited edition tin version but I can't for the life of me find any information on it. So, there ya have it, any help would be great. I've contacted HBO but who knows if they will even ever return my call.

I feel like there needs to be a huge resource for the different versions of bootlegs out there as just recently I had a well-done copy of the Woo's The Killer sent to me which after a bit a research found out was a fake as well..

Ebay sucks..

Many Thanks,
Rich

I took some pics of it as well..

but as this is my first post it wouldn't let me post them..

Larry Geller

Supporting Actor
The metal box version is the only version ever to come out (in the US, at least). Anything else is a boot.

dreamflangeCAN

Auditioning
Real Name
Rich
Thanks I appreciate that, the "power seller" is trying to stonewall me. It is absolutely amazing how much money some people make off illicit copies. It's almost like Ebay turns a blind eye to it in order to make some green..

I believe its a boot because I've found absolutely no upc matching this release on half/ebay/amazon or dvdlist.kazart.com (which basically has most every dvd ever made) and it looks like it was sealed by a heat gun or something. Not to mention, like the poster above, I have never seen or found any documentation that there was a different release of Band of Brother in anything else except the tin case (US-wise).

Speaking of which Larry, can you tell me how you know that. I appreciate your response but "he told me so" isn't really what i'm looking for.

Again, thanks everyone I really appreciate your time and you taking a look at this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks