What's new

Is Monitor a 'native' Progressive Scan device? (1 Viewer)

Shawn_T

Agent
Hi All,
My rusty Sony 36" XBR250 WEGA TV can not output Progressive Scan, nor it has a 'manual' Vertical Squeeze feature, as a result, I am on a quest to get THE BEST video output device for my Console gaming needs. (Have all ‘Big Three’: Xbox, GameCube and PS2)
This Video Output Device of course is going to be either a new TV Set that has Progressive Scan feature or a plain old PC VGA Monitor. (my 22" ViewSonic PF815 Monitor which has BNC and VGA connectors in the back).
Of course there are some considerations going towards each path:
If I get a new TV set, then I have to shell out big bucks for it.
If I want to connect my console systems to my VGA Monitor, then I need a component-to-VGA transcoder.
I am in the market searching for THE BEST component-to-VGA transcoder, and so far I have found out that the Audio Authority 9A62 is a decent one.
Link Removed
rtner
At the same time I am searching for a good Progressive Scan TV Set (less than $1000 would be ideal though)
The cost is a bit of prohibiting factor (and I mean the $1000 range for a new TV Set compared to $300 or less for a component-to-VGA transcoder)
When I bought my Sony 36” XBR250 WEGA TV three years ago, I paid almost $2600 (plus $250 for its official (and only available) TV Stand))
I know the advantage of TV Set is the big screen, compared to a VGA PC Monitor, but at the same time, you get THE most tweakable set of features if you get a component-to-VGA transcoder (such as Audio Authority 9A62)
Your insights are greatly appreciated.

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
I thought there were some table-top projectors for about $1200-$1500 that took progressive feeds. There was a Sony unit that was a LCD projector designed around a 16x9 panel for widescreen. Worth looking into for that price range.

DerekF

Stunt Coordinator
The best Xbox output is 720p...but not many TVs support this (some can accept the signal, but downconvert it to 1080i).

...but you probably already knew that...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks