What's new

Is loud bass as damaging to your ear as loud treble? (1 Viewer)

Jonny K

Second Unit
Loud bass doesn't hurt my ears like loud treble does. If I listen to treble at high volumes, my ears are screaming. But I can easily listen to bass at loud volumes (110dB for example). Is the bass as damaging to my hearing as the treble is, or can I safely judge the danger by how loud it seems, not how loud it actually is (use SPL meter A weighting instead of C weighting)?

Thanks,

Jonny K.

Be very careful, bass can be most dangerous than higher frequencies. It doesn’t mean that bass can make more damage than the highest frequencies, is just that it won’t be as unpleasant to hear as treble but it is doing the same damage to you.

There are a lot of heavy industries here were I live and people who work there are used to be in zones with heavy machines, and the first security advice that they take is that is not only the level of sound that hurts, is also the time of exposure (of course at higher levels less time of exposure), so you can become deaf not just for to much bass, but also for a continuous hum all day long.

Jonny K

Second Unit
Ok, noted. It's sure unfortunate that the best things in life are often bad for you.

Jonny K. :)

Jonny K

Second Unit
Ok, noted. It's sure unfortunate that the best things in life are often bad for you.

Jonny K. :)

John Wes

Stunt Coordinator
Since the lower freq's don't cause pain, the can actually do more damage sooner than the high freqs....

Simply because you won't turn it down because of the pain issue.....

Car stereos with huge subs are notorious for this..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation661
Recent bookmarks