Is Lil Caesar's Pizza chain dead?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Gregg Shiu, Oct 21, 2001.

1. Gregg Shiu

Gregg Shiu Second Unit

I personally think they had the best pizza and that Crazy Bread was pretty damn good too. All the ones near my house closed down last year, and there haven't been commercials for them going on two years now. However, I saw a Lil Caesar's pizza box littered in a parking lot last Sunday. Anyone know if they are still around? Moreover, any in the Northern VA/Potomac MD area? [​IMG] Any help is appreciated

2. Adam Tyner

Adam Tyner Screenwriter

The one down the road is still up and running. I haven't seen a TV spot in nearly forever.
    Can't stand their pizza though. [​IMG]
    ------------------
    My DVD list | My personal site

3. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    Dunno, there's none by me, the one that used to be by my father's office in Clifton, NJ has been long gone so now there's not even one even nearby. Of course, there are sooooo many pizza places around here, probably made them kind of hard to compete. Especially when the local pizza joints were very good.
    Jay

4. Jim_F

Jim_F Screenwriter

I don't care for their pizza. I think they're going strong.
    I implore everybody else to buy lots of Pizza!Pizza!s so Mike Ilitch can afford to keep buying us HOF hockey players!

5. Clinton McClure

Clinton McClure Casual Enthusiast
    Supporter

Clint
  6. MikeSerrano

MikeSerrano Second Unit

All the Li'l Ceasar's around here closed down about 2 years ago--I thought they went out of business too.
    -Mike
    ------------------
    God Bless America--and all people who stand for freedom.[​IMG]

7. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Cinematographer

They pulled out of my area also.......I don't know about you guys, but I loved their pizzas [​IMG]

8. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    They pulled out of Texas a few years ago, promising to "re-enter the market at a later time." Hasn't happened yet. Pity, as I like their stuff.

9. John Torrez

John Torrez Second Unit

I wish mine was still open, it closed about 2 years ago. I really loved their Baby Pan Pans, I could eat those all day. [​IMG]

10. FredHD

FredHD Stunt Coordinator

We have one here in Denton, TX. It was cosed for a while, but it opened back up a few months ago.
    ------------------
    Have good mosh-pitting!!

11. Ryan Wright

Ryan Wright Screenwriter

We used to have three here, and I worked at one for a few months in high school. They all closed down a couple of years ago and reopened as "Pepperonis". My wife and I (she also worked at one in high school) keep telling each other we need to go in and see if they sell the same stuff, but never get around to it. After this thread, I'm guessing they don't.
    That crazy bread was delicious. As for their pizza, I only liked the pan, and preferred the corners over everything else. I'd eat the other edges if I absolutely had to but wouldn't touch that crustless center piece.
    ------------------
    -Ryan (http://www.ryanwright.com )
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
    That way, when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

12. Scott_G

Scott_G Second Unit

We have one near my house - If it wasn't the only pizza place close to the high school ... I don't think it would make it.
    I order it when I want something cheap and close to home. It's hit or miss, sometimes good, sometimes real skimpy on the cheese and meats.
    I think there are 3 or 4 left here in Wake Co. For over 500K people !

13. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

I thought they had been out of business for years until I saw one when I moved to Delaware recently. The one near my parents in suburban Philly went out of business at least five years ago.
    ------------------
    My:
    HT Pics ; Equipment List ; DVD Collection ; LD Collection
    KeithH: Saving the Home Theater World Before Bedtime

14. Jeff_A

Jeff_A Screenwriter

We used to have three stores in our town, but they closed up shop and left about four years ago. Here is a link to there homepage (for "Caesar-Fanatics").
    http://www.littlecaesars.com
    Fearless Vampire Killers (1967)?

15. Michael*K

Michael*K Screenwriter

They still have "Pizza, Pizza!" here. I used to eat them all the time when I was fresh out of college and poor. [​IMG] Now though, I've graduated to REAL pizza. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ------------------
    --Mike
    Amazon Hot 100 DVD's

16. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Michael*K, seeing as you live in Chicago, I'm sure you know real pizza. I first experienced quality stuffed pizza when in grad. school in Champaign (Papa Del's, for those who know Champaign). [​IMG] That type of pizza makes the stuff from the big chains look like garbage. [​IMG]
    ------------------
    My:
    HT Pics ; Equipment List ; DVD Collection ; LD Collection
    KeithH: Saving the Home Theater World Before Bedtime

17. Brian Ralph

Brian Ralph Stunt Coordinator

I implore everybody else to buy lots of Pizza!Pizza!s so Mike Ilitch can afford to keep buying us HOF hockey players!
    It'd be nice if he would occasionally bring in a decent starting pitcher for the Tigers too. Seeing the Red Wings get all his love is tough on us Tigers' fans (all three of us!).

18. Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield Executive Producer
    Supporter

Little Caesars is still in business in the Detroit area, where the company began. Unfortunately, most of the restaurants around here make really lousy pizza. Every few years we try one again and are disappointed. Luckily, there are many alternatives to Illitch's chain.
    FYI, I grew up a mile from the very first Little Caesar's restaurant, and also one mile from the very first K-Mart!
    ------------------
    My DVD Collection
    AFI 100 Films to watch: 40 -> 4