What's new

Is it ok to you use power plug on back of receiver? (1 Viewer)

Haywood

Stunt Coordinator
I've always wondered if pluging in other components to your receiver drains from the power supplied to the speakers. Any ideas would be great.
Later Haywood
cool.gif

GarryW

Stunt Coordinator
Plugging into the back is OK for most components, but I would not use power amps. CD Players, VCR's all are low current draws.

DonM

Agent
The rating of the plug should be listed on the back of your receiver. Do not exceed the recommended wattage( or amperage) of the plug and you will be just fine. There IS a limit to how much load you can put on that plug.
------------------
The MATRIX is all around us!

Chad Isaacs

Supporting Actor
yeah,do not plug in a power strip with a fridge,washer,dryer,stove and dishwasher hooked in
------------------

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
I have my backlighting plugged into mine. Turn on the receiver and voila, the light flickers on.
Rich
------------------
"A) You can never go too far and B) If I'm going to get busted it is NOT going to be by a guy like DAT."
My Website

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
So, Chad...
Which one of the five should I unplug? I think I can do without a washer for now. Wait! Yeah, then I can unplug the dryer too!
Bruce
------------------
mstprev.gif

Welcome aboard the Satellite of Love

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks