What's new

Is House of Wax 3D Coming to Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

bluirv

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Irv Haas
About this time last year, it was rumored that House of Wax (3D) was coming out in 2013.

Yet, we have not heard of any specific announcements for later this year.

What gives?

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I think it's due in the third quarter. When it does arrive, I'd think the guy with the bats & balls on elastic bands, batting the balls towards the viewer at the opening of the wax show should be about the best 3D scene filmed!

EDIT. Or was it the fourth quarter? Whatever, I'd think it would be around Halloween time.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
The paddle-ball guy is good, but the best 3D scene for me was when Charles Bronson runs into the burning museum from BEHIND the camera. Very startling.

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
"We won't need him once we're established."

Was Vincent Price referring to the barker in front of the wax museum (Reggie Rymal) or the off-screen effects to bring the audience back into the movie immediately following the intermission?

House (3).jpg

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
I don't have 3D capability (yet) but presumably the package will also include the 2D version. I love this movie... when it originally came out on DVD I watched it three times over on the first day.

Doug Bull

Advanced Member
Real Name
Doug Bull
It would be great if Warner's included the Bugs Bunny 3D cartoon "Lumberjack Rabbit" as an extra.

If they ever get around to doing a 3D "Kiss Me Kate" then "Metroscopix" would make the perfect 3D extra on that disc.

Warners do an outstanding job of putting extras on discs , hopefully these two suggestions might be considered.

Doug.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Doug Bull said:
It would be great if Warner's included the Bugs Bunny 3D cartoon "Lumberjack Rabbit" as an extra.
Yes, Warner's, please put on Lumberjack Rabbit, and maybe Third Dimensional Murder. I was hoping the latter would have turned up on Dial M.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
Billy Batson said:
I think it's due in the third quarter. When it does arrive, I'd think the guy with the bats & balls on elastic bands, batting the balls towards the viewer at the opening of the wax show should be about the best 3D scene filmed!

EDIT. Or was it the fourth quarter? Whatever, I'd think it would be around Halloween time.
Yes, definitely slated for a Halloween release unless we hear otherwise.

It was confirmed in being in the works last year as part of WB's initiative to get their 3-D films out on home video. I imagine the success the HoW will determine how many more 3-D films will be greenlighted in the future.

GregK

Screenwriter
bluirv said:
About this time last year, it was rumored that House of Wax (3D) was coming out in 2013.

Yet, we have not heard of any specific announcements for later this year.

What gives?
Note there has also been on-going discussion of this in the 3-D bluray subsection. That subsection used to also be viewable in the main bluray section, but has been segragated after the HTF move to its latest platform. This restriction is a shame for a number of reasons, but I'm assuming it is a technical limitation of the new platform.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks