Is House of Wax 3D Coming to Blu-ray

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by bluirv, May 23, 2013.

1. bluirv

bluirv Stunt Coordinator

Irv Haas
    About this time last year, it was rumored that House of Wax (3D) was coming out in 2013.

Yet, we have not heard of any specific announcements for later this year.

What gives?

2. Billy Batson

Billy Batson Cinematographer

Alan
    I think it's due in the third quarter. When it does arrive, I'd think the guy with the bats & balls on elastic bands, batting the balls towards the viewer at the opening of the wax show should be about the best 3D scene filmed!

EDIT. Or was it the fourth quarter? Whatever, I'd think it would be around Halloween time.

3. Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill Ambassador

Steve Tannehill
    The paddle-ball guy is good, but the best 3D scene for me was when Charles Bronson runs into the burning museum from BEHIND the camera. Very startling.

4. Bob Furmanek

Bob Furmanek Insider
    Insider

"We won't need him once we're established."

Was Vincent Price referring to the barker in front of the wax museum (Reggie Rymal) or the off-screen effects to bring the audience back into the movie immediately following the intermission?

House (3).jpg

GregK likes this.
  5. classicmovieguy

classicmovieguy Producer

Byron
    I don't have 3D capability (yet) but presumably the package will also include the 2D version. I love this movie... when it originally came out on DVD I watched it three times over on the first day.

6. Doug Bull

Doug Bull Advanced Member

Doug Bull
    It would be great if Warner's included the Bugs Bunny 3D cartoon "Lumberjack Rabbit" as an extra.

If they ever get around to doing a 3D "Kiss Me Kate" then "Metroscopix" would make the perfect 3D extra on that disc.

Warners do an outstanding job of putting extras on discs , hopefully these two suggestions might be considered.

Doug.

7. JoeDoakes

JoeDoakes Cinematographer
    Supporter

Ray
    Yes, Warner's, please put on Lumberjack Rabbit, and maybe Third Dimensional Murder. I was hoping the latter would have turned up on Dial M.

8. JoHud

JoHud Producer

Joe Hudak
    Yes, definitely slated for a Halloween release unless we hear otherwise.

It was confirmed in being in the works last year as part of WB's initiative to get their 3-D films out on home video. I imagine the success the HoW will determine how many more 3-D films will be greenlighted in the future.

lukejosephchung likes this.
  9. GregK

GregK Screenwriter

Note there has also been on-going discussion of this in the 3-D bluray subsection. That subsection used to also be viewable in the main bluray section, but has been segragated after the HTF move to its latest platform. This restriction is a shame for a number of reasons, but I'm assuming it is a technical limitation of the new platform.