What's new

Is HDTV a reality?? (1 Viewer)

Van Patton

Second Unit
I was just reading a post on the software forum and it got me thinking. With dates being pushed further and further back for HDTV (I think now the date is 2010) I dont think that we'll ever be able to flip the channels and see resolution on every channel over 500 lines. HDTV is out there now but you have to really look to find it. Costs for the equipment and all the TV's is still relatively high. I dont think Joe 6 pack will ever support it.
------------------

Steve_D

Second Unit
Agreed.
Until Fox, NBC, and ABC (with ESPN!) get their collective thumbs out of their !@@$!@#$, I'm afraid my investment in HD just sits there.
Although, apparently Atlanta has some HD content on cable and HD equipment sales are through the roof so once the broadcasters get with it, Joe 6 pack will support it.
Conversely, apparently Kansas City is also offering 5 HD channels on cable...but people are saying the quality is bad. I don't know if they've downconverted the signal or what. Perhaps a KC area person can enlighten us?
------------------
Link Removed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks