What's new

is DISH's 61.5 satellite accessible from So Calif? (1 Viewer)

Tom Herman

Auditioning
DISH's aiming program says the elevation of the 61.5 longitude satellite would be just 19 degrees.
I could just miss the local obstructions if I mounted a dish at the highest point on my roof, but am concerned about a deteriorated or non-existent signal from aiming so close to the horizon.
Is anyone in the So Calif coastal area successfully receiving from the 61.5 satellite? or from anywhere on the west coast? (within say, 50 miles of the ocean)

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I read on DBSforums of people getting a signal strength in the high 70's to low 80's with a Dish300.

Jon_T

Agent
I have read reports of people up and down the west coast who are able to pick up 61.5. As long as you are able to "see" the satellite then you should not have a problem with a signal.

Brent P

Auditioning
I live a few miles from you in Torrance, California and have just installed my 61.5 dish last Saturday. I am receiving a signal strength of 98, actually better than from 119. You should be ok as long as there are no line of sight obstructions.

Stephen Mickelsen

Auditioning
I live in Encinitas in San Diego county, about 2 miles from the beach. The 61.5 degree dish works great - about the same signal strength as the 110/119 dish.
It is aimed rather low in the sky so line of sight issues would be your only problem.
Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks