What's new

Is CBS Paramount Going To Continue With Accelerated TV Show Releases? (1 Viewer)

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
I'm not sure, but I think some of these stalled Paramount shows are or were in need of remastering and that could explain it. The CBS syndication bible still lists many a title with such work done only up to a certain season, and in the case of HGWT it would appear to still be so. Or it's simply not been updated with new info yet. Most if not all series they've released lately have all been remastered, so this could be their new policy to wait for that and not release any titles until. Just thinking out loud here, guessing.

DPF3737

Auditioning
Real Name
Darren
Thanks! You're probably right. I'd want it to be done right the first time anyway. By the way, I just checked the CBS bible, and it states that the following is transferred to HD:
Bonanza: Season 3 & 4, Season 5 & 6 in progress;
Perry Mason: Season 8 & 9 in progress;
Rawhide: Season 5
Now I just want Have Gun, Will Travel Season 6 and I'll be happy!

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:
rmw650 said:
/t/321091/is-cbs-paramount-going-to-continue-with-accelerated-tv-show-releases/60#post_3949255
Now I just want Have Gun, Will Travel Season 6 and I'll be happy!
I'm with you, Darren. HGTW S6 is one I'm hoping we see updated on the CBS site soon. It would be most welcomed news, imho.

Gary "even though they really messed up the Rawhide releases in terms of HD (failing to do the work on S4), I'm hopeful we'll see the remaining seasons transferred in the near future" O.

jdee28

Screenwriter
Real Name
John
Gary OS said:
     Quote:
Gary "even though they really messed up the Rawhide releases in terms of HD (failing to do the work on S4), I'm hopeful we'll see the remaining seasons transferred in the near future" O.
They messed up on two seasons of Rawhide, Seasons 1 and 4. It would be nice if one day they went back and remastered them in HD. They probably did the best job with Season 2; that season looks amazing.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:

Originally Posted by jdee28 /t/321091/is-cbs-paramount-going-to-continue-with-accelerated-tv-show-releases/60#post_3949939
They messed up on two seasons of Rawhide, Seasons 1 and 4. It would be nice if one day they went back and remastered them in HD. They probably did the best job with Season 2; that season looks amazing.
I couldn't agree more, John. Whether or not CBS would ever go back and do that I don't know. But like you, I sure wish they would.

Gary "at least it looks like they are getting back on track with S5" O.

SimonTemplar

Stunt Coordinator
The HDification of their back catalogue is extremely heartening. I suspect that blu ray will be in the offing after they have got us all to shell out for the dvds.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
encore westerns just started the Final Season of rawhide this afternoon and it was using a syndicated, non remastered, Viacom print, which looked ok, Season 8 episode one wasn't the best rawhide, but it wasn't the disaster I was expecting, it's just too bad they forgot about Favor and gave no explanation for the changes.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
It's a nice thought, but they also list the next unreleased seasons of Maude, Quincy, Hart to Hart, and others ranging across studios. They even have listings for each Perry Mason follow-up movie. It seems unlikely that all those titles are imminent, though I hope some are!

Sky Captain

Second Unit
Real Name
Neville Ross
SimonTemplar said:
The HDification of their back catalogue is extremely heartening. I suspect that blu ray will be in the offing after they have got us all to shell out for the dvds.
For real? They are making Blu-Rays of older titles other than Star Trek: TOS? That would be interesting to see.

Sky Captain

Second Unit
Real Name
Neville Ross
Sorry, the reason I said that is because here in Canada when I was younger, for some period in the early to mid 1980's, Global Television Network used to air episodes of this crap each and every night when they couldn't find anything Canadian to put on or anything American. It would drive people up the wall.
I do remember the show being rerun on TV Land Canada a while back, and also on local station in Toronto and nearby Buffalo, NY quite a bit, so I wouldn't exactly say that it wasn't rerun a lot.

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
Streets of San Fran. the final 5th Season will be out October 30th
http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Streets-San-Francisco-Season-5/17339
Preorder is already up! (If a MOD wants to add a Link?)

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
Excellent stuff, CBS are unstoppable again! Pretty good season actually after the (storywise) disappointing S4.

GMBurns

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Glenn
I'm not a "Streets" fan, but I love all the activity from CBS/Paramount this year. I hope they'll continue this pace until we all run out of money to spend on DVDs.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:

Originally Posted by GMBurns /t/321091/is-cbs-paramount-going-to-continue-with-accelerated-tv-show-releases/90#post_3959197
I'm not a "Streets" fan, but I love all the activity from CBS/Paramount this year. I hope they'll continue this pace until we all run out of money to spend on DVDs.

I concur. And I believe, at least for the foreseeable future, CBS will continue to work with this new "online" release model. At this point, with Perry Mason almost done and Rawhide still coming, I'm primarily interested in seeing Have Gun, Will Travel finished. Of course I'd love to see some other things as well.

Gary "they've really saved the 2nd half of the year for me" O.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks