Is "Boy Meets World" out of print and Why?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by jamesGA, May 1, 2009.

1. jamesGA

jamesGA Agent

I know im probably late. Havent been on this site in a while.

I read some other thread that spoke of it coming out soon dated 2005. SO ive been waiting for the price to go down on Season 3, and I notice after a while it wasnt going down.

Then BAM!!!! Im on amazon today and the used version are so much, then I read it was out of print.

WHy would a company do this to a popular selling DVD?

Just curious. Sorry if this ahs been discussed before, I came here because I figured you guys would know the deal.

Those damn Savages.

2. supes78

supes78 Agent

It's a Disney release and they are notorious for giving up on their DVD releases. This series clearly didn't sell well enough for Disney to keep the titles in print.

3. Tony S

Tony S Stunt Coordinator

I believe that Lion's Gate now has the dvd rights to this show. (Part of the package of Disney shows that they aquired in a deal last year). They are supposed to be releasing more seasons beginning this year, and I assume releasing the first 3 seasons under their own name.

4. John_Dee

John_Dee Extra

Has anyone heard any more about this? I was hoping to have heard some news about it by now

5. jamesGA

jamesGA Agent

This was one of the popular DIsney series around, hard ot believe it didnt sell well.

I ahve only season 1 and 2. But im not about to pay $70 dollars for season , thats just ridiculous.

Im sure there are seasons that ahve sold much worse that Boy Meets WOrld, DInesy is just being greedy. This show was much too popular to have tank in the sales department.

6. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

That didn't stop releasing it because they were making alot of money with it.

7. byanychance

byanychance Auditioning

I find it hard to believe that Boy Meets World wasn't selling enough for them to continue manufacturing. Very popular show; especially once they started airing reruns (which, mind you, they don't anymore).

Now, its bad enough that they canceled the season 4 release, but for the first 3 seasons they did release is now out of print? How fair is that?

There's always Netflix, but many people want to own the DVD boxsets (people like myself [​IMG]).