What's new

Is anyone still playing METROID PRIME (1 Viewer)

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
Just wondering because the original thread came and went pretty fast. I am still trying to beat the Omega Pirate (I have come very VERY close a couple times).

This is one of the hardest games I have ever played and will feel great when I finally beat it, but I don't see it having much use after I win since I really don't care about the alternate endings.

As much as I like the game, one thing I hate is when you leave an area, the monsters you killed have respawned.

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
I played it up to the omega pirate also. The whole game was extremely easy until then and it pissed me off so I quit. I don't have time to play for hours at a time trying to beat something that shot the difficulty curve through the roof in an instant instead of gradually increasing it.

I'm hoping zelda will be better...

John Royster

Screenwriter
Yeah playing in hard mode now. The omega pirate can be a little tough. I was so happy when I finally beat the game. I was shouting at the TV while my wife watched me playing "I'm gonna get you, you SOB! You're going down!!!! Huh? You want some of this? OH! You want some to? Here ya go..."

Too much fun. This is how I beat the omega pirate, I'm sure there are more efficient means.

Omega Pirate - Target his phazon armor and hit it wit a super missle. He'll turn invisible and you'll have to use the x-ray or infared visor to see him "charging up" in a pool of phazon. Slam him with more super missles or other combo beam. Don't worry about the pirates he sets loose as he'll send out a ring of fire that will kill them anyway.

AdamM

Grip
I've been waiting since it came out. I told my wife I wanted it for Christmas. She got me some other stuff so I bought it this morning. I can't wait to get home to play...

AdamM

Grip
I've been waiting since it came out. I told my wife I wanted it for Christmas. She got me some other stuff so I bought it this morning. I can't wait to get home to play...

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
I rented it for thankgiving but didn't get very far. Got it for Christmas yesterday so I'm gonna be playing it for sure. I'm currently stuck in the Cozo Ruins.

Calvin Watts III

Supporting Actor
Still plugging away at it.
This & many other games (GTA Vice,007 Nightfire, heck, too many to count!)
Love the challenge,though :D

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
I just received Metroid Prime for Christmas. After a couple of days of playing, all I can say is WOW!!! It totally captures the feel of the original Metroid games. I'm only about 12% right now, but I'm loving every minute of it.

Steven M K

Auditioning
98% and counting!!! I'm at the end, but since I'm this close to the 100% ending, I figured I might as well find everything...

JohnE

Supporting Actor
I've been at the last boss fight for a few days now. Though I've loved the entire game, I'm starting to lose interest fast. The last boss dosen't seem to be to incredibly difficult, but the arduous path I need to take just to get there each time is wearing thin. And with a stack of great games waiting for me to get at, I'm not sure I'll finish.

18 hours, 77%, so I can't complain. I got my moneys worth out of it and then some, but I just don't have the patience these days to keep playing the same area in a game over and over.

Travis Olson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Travis Olson
I think I'm at about 13%. I just haven't had time to play it with all the other games I've been playing. I got Splinter Cell finished a few days ago and am working on Star Wars Bounty Hunter, which I'm getting sick of so maybe it's time to go back to Metroid.

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
I just finished it last week. 86%. I really wasn't too interested in the 100% ending after I saw a friend play it and see all of the things that I missed scanning in the first station. Backs of doors.... Chripes. :)
Glen

Ted F

Auditioning
There's an alternate ending? Without giving away any details, how might the alternate endings differ?

Adam Nixon

Second Unit
My understanding is that it's an "extended cinema" instead of an alternate ending. According to GameFaqs, you just need to get every energy tank, missle expansion, and power bomb expansion.
The Omega Pirate sure was a bastard...:D

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
There are 3 endings:

1) 75% - Samus removes her helmet during the ending; otherwise same as ending 1
3) 100% - extended version of ending 2

JamesH

Supporting Actor
I haven't played it much since I got it...it's a bit boring compared to a lot of the other games I've gotten recently and the "no looking up or aiming while moving" stuff is absolute garbage.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks