What's new

is any one plan on buying early edition? its comes out this tuesday. (1 Viewer)

LCD22

Screenwriter

Actually, the show immediately went into syndication on Fox Family (now ABC Family) after "Luck o' the Irish" aired on CBS. Then it was picked up by Pax TV, and reportedly will be returning to syndication on the Sci-Fi Channel at a later date. It also used to air in local weekend syndication.

WhitneyG

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Whitney
Yes, I am well aware of that. Your quote from my last post removed the part that established the paragraph as addressing my concern over the theme music. My statement that "it didn't even make it to syndication (an extremely rare occurrence in itself)" was referring to the revised fourth season theme music, which actually didn't make it to syndication, not the series itself.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Did the Early Edition: Season 1 boxset sell well enough for the second season to be released? I'm hoping the Chicago Hope crossover episode will be included.

The picture quality is good on the Season 1 discs. Not as sharp as it would be on R2 but it's still good.

LCD22

Screenwriter
I'm hoping the fact that we haven't heard news of Season 2, is because CBS/Paramount is securing once again all of the music and that they are also looking into getting the two endings that were shot for "Hot Time in the Old Town".

The "Chicago Hope" crossover episode ("Mum's the Word") should be on there as it was only one episode and part of the 90-episode run of "Early Edition". Hopefully there are no legal problems with that.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
So is it confirmed that season 1 was unedited? This has been on my thinking-about-buying list but I didn't want to get it without knowing if it was uncut.

As for the Chicago Hope crossover, according to IMDB CH is owned by 20th Century Fox which means CBS/P would likely have to pay 20th for the right to include it on the DVDs. So it's likely a matter of whether or not CBS/P wants to shell out the money for it.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Was the first season boxset released in September? My mind has gone blank. It's been quiet lately on TVShowsOnDVD, regarding news on some TV shows from the 60's to the 90's which I like.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Will there ba a HTF review for the second season set of Early Edition? I'm hoping that maybe there will be episode promos included (which were in the first season set), despite not being mentioned in TVShowsOnDVD news articles about the second season DVD set.

Edited by WaveCrest - 7/18/2009 at 09:08 pm GMT

LCD22

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by WaveCrest ">[/url]

Will there ba a HTF forum for the second season set of Early Edition? I'm hoping that maybe there will be episode promos included (which were in the first season set), despite not being mentioned in TVShowsOnDVD news articles about the second season DVD set.
[/QUOTE]Episodic promos are included, and have the same packaging as the first; however the original Rod Serling/Twilight Zone ending for "Hot Time in the Old Town" was [b]not [/b]included.

MattPeriolat

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matthew
Going to get season two for my fiance as a surprise birthday present. Have only watched one episode myself, but is a fun one.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
ChrisCook - Thanks for your reply. That's great news that episode promos are in the set. Shame about the absence of the alternative ending to that episode though.

Regarding my last post - the first sentence should have read like this:

"Will there ba a HTF review for the second season set of Early Edition?"

LCD22

Screenwriter
I think it's safe to say that so far it is looking like it will mirror the Season 1 release (with the disappointing exception of "Hot Time in the Old Town").

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
i will buy it down the road. I have restricted funds for my dvd budget and this released does not fit under my budget. I am trying to complete other series, which are a little bit cheaper.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Hopefully CBS DVD will go back to putting the episodes on six discs rather than five, with the hopefully released Region 1 third season set. It's only been one season per year, but at least they're being released.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks