Is "Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein" back in print???

Discussion in 'DVD' started by PatrickMD, Jul 5, 2006.

1. PatrickMD

PatrickMD Extra

Amazon has it listed at $17.99 and shipping in 1-2 weeks and Deep Discount DVD has it at $14.11 and being released on August 22. Does anybody know anything about it?

2. Dick

Dick Producer
    Supporter

Rick
    I wasn't aware it was ever OUT of print, except that its second DVD release dropped the commentary track and documentary...

3. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden Producer
    Reviewer

Kenneth McAlinden
    ...to be more specific, it is available with no extras as part of "The Best of Abbott & Costello - Volume 3" and as an earlier-released individual disc with extras which Amazon still seems to have in stock.

Regards,

4. PatrickMD

PatrickMD Extra

So to clarify - there was an earlier release with extras which went out of print, and a barebones release which was available only in a set. This appears to be the original release, as extras are listed, back in print (because it can't just be that Amazon has some left in stock because DDD lists an August release date for it as well). Does that sound right?

5. Eugene Esterly

Eugene Esterly Supporting Actor

Well, it is probably a re-issue of the previous release because the cover art at DDD & Amazon.com looks exactly like the original DVD release which was released in 2000.

6. Kevin M

Kevin M Producer

Yes, but didn't they improve the transfer on the newer barebones release? I don't know this for a fact, but I thought that I heard this....could be wrong on that.

7. Eric Huffstutler

Eric Huffstutler Screenwriter

Eric Huffstutler
    Sound like the set is just coming back with a price change. Reissue dates often do that.