What's new

Is a Sorcerer SE still in the works? (1 Viewer)

Jeff McMillan

Stunt Coordinator
After watching Sorcerer for the first time and being thoroughly disappointed by the DVD that's currently available (not OAR, bad PQ, and no extra features), I did some Googleling and saw that William Friedkin had said last year that a 30th anniversary edition was in the works.

Since the 30th anniversary (2007) has already passed by and the interview was done almost a year ago, has anyone heard any word if this is still going to happen?

Blaine Skerry

Second Unit
I'll third it. I also have the laser disc and would love to see a decent DVD release. Sorcerer, IMO, has usually gotten a bum rap over the years. I have the Criterion Wages Of Fear and I think Sorcerer stands up well to WOF.

Jamey K

Agent
Real Name
Jamey Karr
I watched it yesterday afternoon. My 16 yr old is a fan now! A SE could bring this film to "Twister" level.

Bruce Morrison

Supporting Actor
I'd certainly buy an SE of 'Sorcerer' but only if Friedkin promises not to repeat what he's done with the new BD of 'The French Connection', where he's carried out some kind of grotesque colour re-grading, which has apparently made it look like a bad VHS tape.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks