Every now and then a Rumor will come out that says a Show has become Public Domain, which basically means anybody who has a copy may legally copy and distribute it in whatever manner they please. Yesterday I received such a Rumor concerning a certain World War II Drama. Naturally I am treating it with a grain of salt, because past experience has taught me that 90 percent of whatever Scuttlebutt I hear on the Grapevine is Baloney , and of the remaining 10 percent, 90 percent is GROSSLY Exagerated! Nevertheless I have to ask, is there a way to find out IF a certain Shoe has indeed become Public Domain? Such a Database will certainly make the differance between purchasing a Legitamate Copy or a Bootleg.