What's new

Is A Bug's Life CE out of print? (1 Viewer)

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
I've been to a bunch of websites recently, and it seems that this title is out of stock at a lot of places (eg. buy.com reel.com amazon.com)

Chad Gregory

Supporting Actor
Does out of stock now mean out of print? I'm pretty sure that it doesn't.

FYI, reel.com doesn't sell discs anymore.

-Chad

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
If you REALLY want it Best Buy has a Disney Ultimate Pack for $199. It has Bugs Life CE, Tarzan CE, Emperors New Groove:Ultimate Groove, Fantasia Anthology, andd the Ultimate Toy Box. I think the Dinosaur CE is in it too, cant remember, never bought it since I have all the discs seperately anywho.

Joel C

Screenwriter
I don't believe this one is OOP, just difficult to find. I do see it often in B&M stores (where the cost is quite steep), but rarely on the internet. Try eBay for a potential good deal. Or any trading forum.

Michael Eriksen

Stunt Coordinator
I just got mine from Futureent.com to 23 £ which is a pretty good price. You can try and mail them if they have more, which is a good idea since they charge your credit card when you place the order.

Regards Michael

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
I found a copy at the Costco in Hawthorne, CA about 2 weeks ago (which I snapped up) for $20.00 when I went to buy "Tron."

rutger_s

Supporting Actor
A Bug's Life: Collector's Edition is not out of print.

Just these Disney DVDs:

Mulan(Limited Issue & Gold Collection)

Pinocchio(Limited Issue & Gold Collection)

Snow White and The Seven Dwarfs

Tarzan

Tarzan: Collector's Edition

Lady and The Tramp(Limited Issue)

The Little Mermaid(Limited Issue)

The Jungle Book(Limited Issue)

101 Dalmations(animated)

The Lion King II: Simba's Pride(Limited Issue)

Peter Pan(Limited Issue)

Hercules(Limited Issue)

Scott-C

Supporting Actor
Every now and then I see A Bug's Life CE at Best Buy. Also, you might want to check the usually-horribly-overpriced music/video stores at your local shopping mall. Though not competitive on price, they sometimes have harder-to-find DVDs.

Also, you could check dvdpricesearch.com and start inquiring as to the availability of it.

Good luck.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Thanks. I found a copy at Suncoast for, get this, 49.99. I think I'll just wonder around until I can find a cheaper copy. :frowning:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The Best Buy in Albany, NY has the Bug's Life CE on its shelf for $27.99. Not bad considering the single disc Bug's Life is sitting right next to it for $19.99.

Scott-C

Supporting Actor
Thanks. I found a copy at Suncoast for, get this, 49.99. I think I'll just wonder around until I can find a cheaper copy.
Amazing they can stay in business charging prices like that, isn't it? If my wife and I are shopping at the mall, I'll usually wonder in there if I'm bored and I need a good laugh - one look at their prices will do it.

rutger_s

Supporting Actor
$49.99 was the old MSRP. It dropped to $39.99 recently.

Oh, and Suncoast usually always charges the MSRP because unlike other stores like Target or Best Buy, they do not have clothing or a refrigerator to help offset cost overhead.

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
Does out of stock now mean out of print? I'm pretty sure that it doesn't. FYI, reel.com doesn't sell discs anymore.
Wow, it's so nice to have friendly responses! :frowning:
Dome, I've seen A Bug's Life at some of the B&M stores. I've even seen it used. If you are interested, I'll take a look next time I'm out and see how much it is. If you like, I can pick it up for you if you would like to reimburse me for the cost of the DVD and for shipping.

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Dome-
My guess, and it is only that, is that after
the holidays, some DVDs are depleated, and they
just need to do another pressing.
A Bug's Life: Collector's Edition
is one of those titles,
along with Shrek,
that most people would buy on
DVD for people who just got DVD players for X-mas:
it shows off everything that makes DVD much better
than VHS, and those who didn't love this movie
seem to be rare.
I'd just keep my eyes peeled for when it comes
back in stock at e-tailers.
Mark

rutger_s

Supporting Actor
Are there any differences between these discs other than packaging?

/quote]

Same discs, same content, same inserts, just a different banner across the front of the cover.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks