What's new

Irwin Allen Giftset - incomplete? (1 Viewer)

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
I just saw this listed on Amazon.com scheduled for 10/23/07:

http://www.amazon.com/Irwin-Allen-Gi.../dp/B000W8L55Y

It appears to be a package of everything up to and including the 10/23/07 release of Season 3, Volume 2 of VOYAGE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA.

While I don't really care if they package it all together, it worries me that Season 4 of VOYAGE isn't included. I realize that it's not out yet, nor even announced, and that's a bit troublesome. Have the sale of these sets been so poor that they're now throwing them all together to try to eek out a few more sales? Is it possible that Season 4 of VOYAGE will somehow miss out on a release? Did the LAND OF THE GIANTS megaset pricing sour the market for anything Irwin Allen related?

I'm just asking - and have no answers nor definitive info, and I don't wish to spread unfounded rumors. Hopefully someone here will have better information.

Harry

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
I imagine that is something amazon slapped together which they do often, it is not an official complete set, just everything that amazon thought proper to put together.

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.

Actually, it's a really good deal. If you consider that each of the half-season sets generally go for around $30, they add up to $360. Add in $40 for the first full season of LOST IN SPACE and you've gotten to the $400 price right there. That makes the LAND OF THE GIANTS SET TOTALLY FREE!

Considered another way: If the LAND OF THE GIANTS set retails for around $200, then you're getting each of the other sets for around $15 each.

One other view: The one-day sale price on LAND OF THE GIANTS was $100. So if that orice were in effect here, that would mean that all of the other sets would be on sale for $23. Again not a bad sale at all!

Harry

Richard_Gregory

Second Unit
It's an Amazon thing, one of those weird "sets" they bung together now and then. They are also exclusively selling a "set" that consists of the six half-seasons of Voyage that will be "released" on the 23rd of this month, same day as the S3V2 of that series.

It;s just a repackaging exercise.

If the sales had been poor, Fox wouldn't have gone past season one.

Indeed, I suspect the sales were better than expected, which is what prompted the premium Giants set.

It's a shame that my favourite show - Voyage - is taking the longest. It's gonna take over two years to get four seasons!

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
seems like around the holiday times, you'll find a Fox boxset sale. BJs had one with the sets for about $13 a pop. And there's a coupon in the Lost World DVD that gives you $20 off buying any 3 Irwin Allen season sets.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks