What's new

Ironside SEASON 3 (1 Viewer)

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
I just got an E-Mail from Shout stating they just shipped out the copy of Season 3 that I pre-ordered last month.

Joe Tor1

Second Unit
Real Name
Joe Torcivia
Thank you, Shout! Factory, for such an innovative way to continue IRONSIDE!

I take back all the criticism I leveled against Shout!, when it was assumed that IRONSIDE was abandoned!

I ordered my copy, and am enjoying it now!

Please consider the same strategy for Season Four! I’ll be there for it, if you do!

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
It was a great way to continue the releases for those who wanted very much to see it continue. Everyone who was on Shout! for not releasing S3 before have no excuses to not order a copy and support further releases this way.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Bumping this thread to first acknowledge how much I've enjoyed the S3 release I got from Shout! direct, and to also give a giant thumbs down to Stuart Galbraith's review on DVD Talk that disses the entire series. He must have been watching a different series from the one I've been enjoying because the idea that there's no camaraderie amongst the principal cast is just absurd. It never seems to occur to him that perhaps the reson why the character of Ironside is less hostile at this point than he was in S1 is *because* he's had two years of episodes now to build up a good releationship with the likes of Ed Brown, Eve Whitfield and Mark Sanger.

I won't diss the shows that Galbraith prefers since that's his perogative but his review is one to be devoutly ignored.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Season five comes out in Australia on May 12th. Or you could wait for Shout Factory, which may put it out in 2013.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
I've been watching a few S5 episodes on my "unofficial" set, and while I think the transition from Barbara Anderson to Elizabeth Baur was done smoothly, just what in the world were they thinking with that revised theme music???? That literally reeks of 70s trendiness at its worst and they even kept it that way all the way to the series finish!

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
I was never a big Elizabeth Baur fan and didn't really like seeing Barbara Anderson leave. She was so gorgeous, even though they gave her little to do. I'd like to get the remaining 4 seasons but they are not as important to me as the first four were.

ToddR2

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Todd Rutherford
Danny, the release date is May 19th.

Jack, I couldn't disagree with you more regarding the theme. The theme from 71-75 was an edit of a version from Quincy Jones' album Smackwater Jack (a damn fine album too). It's a terrific piece of straight-ahead jazz, and I much prefer it to the earlier version. I also think that the scores for the individual episodes improved over the years with the input of Marty Paich and Oliver Nelson, among others.

MCCLOUD

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert
I also like the Ironside theme from 1971-1975 the best. I like the original Ironside theme too, but in my opinion the 1971-1975 version is much better ( and that is saying a lot because the original is good!) Quincy Jones newer version is fantastic!

Take Care!

Robert

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks