What's new

Iron Man (New Line sets 2005 release date) (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I'm definitely for Ant-Man, but only if he becomes Giant-Man, too. Surely they wouldn't neglect that aspect of the character.

BrettGallman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett
Wow, Marvel is really pumping these things out. Ant-Man? That sounds interesting, but I think I'd rather see him in the context of the Avengers.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Wow, Marvel is really pumping these things out.
Yeah, but only if they come to pass. The article mentions that Self worked on Deathlok and Namor. Never saw either of those released.

Ant-Man not only needs Giant-Man, but it needs the Wasp. I can just see the opening: Pym is walking through a giant cavern, and it soon becomes apparent that he is in an anthill. :emoji_thumbsup:

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
I happy about IM, but I'm pissed there will be no JCOM, instead we get a rehashed Star Trek.
Heh, yeah, I hope Iron Man turns out well but it feels like the most interesting project of the three was the one that got squelched. Typical Hollywood ;)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
You're bound to get attacked for not liking Robocop, but I agree completely. Every one of Paul Verhoeven's movies I've seen (and I've stopped watching them for at least 9 years now) has fascist overtones, *especially* Robocop. It was also the era in which the movie came out -- it was released in '87 or '88 during the Reagan "law and order" years. I didn't like those guys then and I don't like 'em now. Authority needs to have substance, and Robocop didn't.

BrettGallman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett
Wow, the original suit?! That's pretty awesome. I didn't think they'd even consider it for a second. Really good news there. I'm curious to see which villain as well.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
I'm curious how they'll pull the suit off on the big screen. The suit from the comics always seemed more like a strangely flexible one-piece metal suit as opposed to separate pieces of armor at the joints, etc.

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
IIRC, the comics established that the armor moves the way it does because it's some kind of super-advanced mesh, basically like clothing but incredibly durable and seething with technology. OTOH, that's probably just to cover up the notion that artists probably don't like drawing real armor :)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
The earliest Iron Man story I read was Avengers #1. I was surprised to see he had the cloth armor that early.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I need to find that Masterworks. I think it's out of print, though. I'm starting to have high hopes for this film.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
"...because I thought Robocop was awful."

Really? Robocop is a personal fav of mine.

Im gonna look up some IM stuff at the shop in town on the way home today:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks