What's new

Iron Maiden World Tour 2008 (1 Viewer)

Buzz Foster

Second Unit
Real Name
Steve
Didn't see anything about this here, so I thought I'd throw it in.

Are you a fan of 80's Maiden? :D

World Tour 2008

From ironmaiden.com:

"...this tour, aptly entitled 'SOMEWHERE BACK IN TIME', will revisit the band's history by focusing almost entirely on the 80's in both choice of songs played and the stage set, which will be based around the legendary Egyptian Production of the 1984-85 'Powerslave Tour'. This will arguably be the most elaborate and spectacular show the band have ever presented, and will include some key elements of their Somewhere In Time tour of 1986/7, such as the Cyborg Eddie."

This is going to kick such major ass. The only currently announced US dates are LA and NJ. More dates to follow.

The actual tour plane (Bruce is flying it):

(I emailed the info to a good friend who was quoted as saying: "I better get my bandanas and leather studded wristbands cuz I am going to rock that shit.")

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Cool, it's also good to see the Riggs is still alive and doing the artwork. I loved my Iron Maiden posters growing up in the 80s and I still love putting Piece of Mind in the CD player on my bike commute in the morning..

Jay

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Thats so metal , it's not even funny. I'll have to try to catch the show!

Buzz Foster

Second Unit
Real Name
Steve
To paraphrase Maddox, If you could divide by zero when calculating the sum total of all ass that is possible to kick, the answer would approach the 2008 Iron Maiden World Tour.

Don Giro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Don
Nice info about the staging, Buzz. They've been threatening a "first five albums only" tour for a while now. They cancelled the last two NYC shows on their "Powerslave" tour all those years ago due to most of the band getting the flu after playing Rock in Rio, so I never got to see that tour in person.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
My, how the world has changed in the last 30 years.

I can still remember when that first Maiden album was released, and that small enclave of listeners would gather in someone's room to listen to all the new metal that was making its way out via demos. We could never have imagined a day when a band like Metallica would be at the status they are now (hell, thinking they could be even be signed to a major was inconceivable!) or Iron Maiden being flying around the world on their own jet.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
The fact that MTV ever showed Slayer videos still blows my mind. :)

I had a chance to see the Powerslave tour but skipped it because I wasn't into Maiden yet. Wasted youth. Oh, the shame. :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

Don Giro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Don

What flips me out even more than that is the LONGEVITY of these great bands. I never dreamed bands like Maiden, Metallica, and Slayer would stand the test of time, no matter how much I loved and believed in them.

Are you still involved with Sacred Blade, Jeff?

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
My very first concert was Maiden on the Powerslave tour. This is veeery tempting.

I wonder if I still have my Aces High t-shirt :)

Don Giro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Don

I found out Friday night that I'm going to that same show. The last Maiden show I saw live was the "Somewhere in Time" tour, which was just about 20 years ago...

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
In case the Maiden fans around here haven't noticed, the band officially announced the release of "Live After Death" on DVD for early next year.

I've never seen this legendary concert video and can't wait to get my hands on it.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
You had me worried for a moment there. . .Live After Death was supposed to be included as part of the second "History of Iron Maiden" volume.

It still is, but they're billing it as Live After Death with a bonus disc of History material instead of the other way around. :)

Wonder if there'll be a blu-ray. . .

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
I can't wait to see the setlist. I just saw this setlist posted in a review from a few months ago. It will be interesting to see how it changes.

6/4/2007 Sofia, Bulgaria

Different World
These Colours Don't Run
Brighter Than A Thousand Suns
Wrathchild
The Trooper
Children Of The Damned
The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg
For The Greater Good Of God
The Number Of The Beast
Fear Of The Dark
Run To The Hills
Iron Maiden
ENCORES-
2 Minutes To Midnight
The Evil That Men Do
Hallowed be Thy Name

Jonathan Peterson

Second Unit
Real Name
Jonathan Peterson
I was watching disc 2 on the new Live After Death DVD and when I went to watch the Aces High video, it would freeze and than stop playing. I tried it on three DVD players I have and all had similar problems. I was going to ask Amazon for a replacement copy but first wanted to see if anyone else had any problems. The disc itself looks clean, no scratches or blemishes of any kind.

Users who are viewing this thread