What's new

IR repeating (1 Viewer)

Jeff Evans

Auditioning
Hi everyone,
I am thinking about having a main audio/video distribution area in my new home. The idea would be to put the audio/video equipment in a central location and then use IR sensors in each room to control the equipment. This should cut down on the cost of buying equipment for each location.
The equipment will be a receiver for whole house audio, dvd player, satellite tv (tivo).
FYI, on my house I am using IBM's home director for structured wiring. This unit gives you the capability of merging internal feeds with CATV + off air antenna + cctv cameras. All I have to do is buy a audio/video modulator for the dvd and satellite receiver to pick a channel to broadcast on.
Does anyone have any recommendations on what product to use for the IR sensors and IR emitters?
Of course, the dedicated home theater will have its own equipment.

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
www.hometechsolutions.com has the products and some of the general information you might be interested in. www.nilesaudio.com might be another site of interest. Radio Shack also makes an IR/RF Remote (www.radioshack.com and I think catalog number 15-1995) that can transmit through walls and a remote extender (as do others) that allows use of your current remote. It depends on how sophisticated you wish to get.
------------------

Brett Robert

Agent
Check out hotlinkpro or xantech Hard wire is the way to go for dependabilty from what I have read. I am in the process of moving my equipment into another room. This is what I am going with I think.
------------------
~~~~~~~Brett~~~~~~~~~
Champagne tastes with a beer budget
My HT

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks