What's new

iPod Touch (1 Viewer)

Raul Marquez

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Raul H. Marquez, MD
I'm looking for a music player along the lines of an iPod touch that I can use inside the Operating Room in our Hospital which has crappy WiFi and Cellular signals inside the Operating Room. I am using a small BOSE Bluetooth speaker (mini II Soundlink) as an output device, using PandoraOne, Apple Music or iTunes. I don't want to use my iPhone 6s for this. Tried buying one today at my local Best Buy, but they told me they haven't received them for several weeks. The last iPod touch release was 377 days ago. Have any of you heard of an imminent update? Do you know of any alternatives where I can use my own music, NOT streaming?

Raul

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I've not heard any rumors, and there's nothing in the forum at MacRumors. It's weird that BestBuy is out of stock; I see the same thing browsing online and checkin my store's in-stock options.

But Apple's app shows they've got iPod Touches in stock.

Low stock can be an indicator of a coming refresh. But necessarily so. If Apple holds to form, a model update would be Sept or Oct, when new hardware is announced.

But there's no telling until something, or nothing, happens.

Raul Marquez

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Raul H. Marquez, MD
Thanks Dave,
Considered the iPod Nano as well, however the MacRumors site states:
  • The iPod nano saw its last significant update in September 2012, with several color updates since that time. The most recent color update came on July 15, 2015, with the iPod nano now available in space gray, silver, gold, pink, blue, and red.
  • A Don't Buy Banner/ Updates coming soon appears as well

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
The MacRumors buying guide is ultimately only good as a barometer of how old a revision is and how it might compare to past refresh cycles.

Or, the iPod nano is been a Don't Buy for months and might be a Don't Buy for months more to come. That's useless if you need an iPod nano. Because that's what you can buy, today.

Enjoy it. Don't worry if it's two years old. It will play music in your OR, and that's what you need. :)

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Dave beat me to it, but I was gonna say the same thing - my mother works in the operating room and from what she's told me before, they're all using iPod nanos for similar reasons - bad connectivity on the wi-fi for streaming.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
So I've got a question on this topic, I've been wondering about recently... :)

Music in the OR during surgery: is it cranked and the surgeons totally rocking out, or is like typical office background music?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks