What's new

iPhone user goes to the Samsung Galaxy S3 (1 Viewer)

Peej

Auditioning
Real Name
Peej
Just looked at it. Way too big. I'm still not sure the S3 isnt too big for me, and the Note looks huge.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Hi Peej. Welcome to HTF.
I love the Sg3.
Had every iPhone but stopped with the 4.
Didn't like what I saw coming on the new iphone5 so with Ron's advice and feedback
picked up sg3's for me and my wife.
I have no regrets. The screen and hone is bigger then the iPhone and that's what I like.
Only took a day or so for me to become accustomed to its size.
Although as Ron mentioned If I knew about the Note 2 I would have gotten that instead but still no regret buying the sg3.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Quote:
Just looked at it. Way too big. I'm still not sure the S3 isnt too big for me, and the Note looks huge.

[COLOR= rgb(24, 24, 24)]Peej,[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(24, 24, 24)]Certainly, everyone has their own size limitations. The phone will fit differently in each hand.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(24, 24, 24)]I was very concerned that the Note II would be monstrous.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(24, 24, 24)]But now owning it, I am amazed by how perfectly sized it is. It's not huge for me and I don't[/COLOR]
[COLOR= rgb(24, 24, 24)]have large hands. It fits very comfortably in the pocket. [/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(24, 24, 24)]Again, maybe I am pushing something you already have made a definitive decision on, but keep[/COLOR]
[COLOR= rgb(24, 24, 24)]looking at that phone. If you can pick it up in a store and really get a handle on it, you might [/COLOR]
[COLOR= rgb(24, 24, 24)]think differently.[/COLOR]

The phone has some really cool features that the GS3 did not have. Among them is a landscape

email that displays your messages in panes. Also, the S-PEN is cool to use.

Whatever you decide on, best of luck with your plans to enter the Android world. I think you

will be very happy.

Peej

Auditioning
Real Name
Peej
Thanks. This is a surprisingly difficult decision, although this weekend Apple Maps again couldnt find the place I needed to get to.... so its a decision that is getting easier every day.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by Peej /t/323457/iphone-user-goes-to-the-samsung-galaxy-s3/240#post_3999462
I like the simple, out of the box thing. I dont bother to arrange and put my apps in folders now., much less bother to customize a widget screen. I just want a phone that works.

Keep in mind that just because you can customize your screens on the S3, it doesn't mean you have to. You can stick with the out-of-the-box setup if you wish, but if you decide to move things around you still have that option. For me, I did some minor tweaking and now all of the apps I use regularly are available on the home screen.

Peej

Auditioning
Real Name
Peej
Well, I just talked to the guys at AT&T and I think I got a definitive reason to get an iPhone 5. If I move to another phone, I lose my unlimited data plan (which isnt offered anymore). With a 4G phone, that might be the clincher.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
That's not true.
We moved two phones on AT&T from iPhones to SG3's.
Took our unlimited plans right with us.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Correct...

Your unlimited plan should carry over.

And really, there is no such thing as an "unlimited plan"

If you exceed 3GB of data the phone companies will throttle your connection.

Users who are viewing this thread