What's new

IPad usage/bugs (1 Viewer)

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
The languages that arrived in iPhone OS 3.0 and definitely started working in 3.1, Bulgarian included, are missing from the iPad. WTF, Apple? There is a bug with the NY Times Editor's Choice app -- if there is an embedded video on a given page, it kills iTunes audio even if you don't play the video.  Lastly they should swap the apostrophe and exclamation mark on the virtual keyboard --  you use the apostrophe 10 times more often...    Sent from my iPad

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
Also the Home Theater forum has iPad related bugs -- it just removed all the line breaks from the post above.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
They know and Huddler doesn't really care. Go see all my feedback about this issue on the Feedback forum. Mobile browsers usage is not a priority for them. /boggle

The HTF owners, to their credit, have pushed for it, but really is out of their hands.

Sam

PS I use the bang a LOT more than I do the apostrophe!!!!!!!!

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Originally Posted by Ted Todorov

Lastly they should swap the apostrophe and exclamation mark on the virtual keyboard -- you use the apostrophe 10 times more often...
Press and hold the comma, or the equivalent, press and swipe up (even faster than using Shift), and you get an apostrophe.

Same thing with the ".com" button for URLs: you get .edu, .org, .net

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
Yes I am aware of that, that was my point: shift comma should be apostrophe, swipe comma exclamation. Maybe one day the swipe will be faster for me too for now the shift is more natural.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Perhaps one reason they didn't is the key label (an apostrophe over a comma) would be difficult to decipher. Or maybe the target demo LOL!!!s or OMG!!!s a lot -- I dunno.

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
FWIW, I've reconciled and gotten handier with the "hold to apostrophe".

iPad App bugs: NY Times Editor's Choice -- there is no way to change (increase) the fonts size. Fatal bug, IMO -- for me the whole advantage of this over the dead tree version was to be able to read it without glasses.

WeatherBug crashes after startup periodically. (If you are going to have the word "bug" in your app name, it better be bug free...)

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Originally Posted by Sam Posten

The NYTimes app is a failure of a grand degree, not just the font sizing.

Why do you say that? I've heard the rumors that Steve Jobs isn't a fan of it because of its limited content while Amazon's Kindle has the full-fledged New York Times. I'd like to have more content, but I do like what we get.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks