What's new

IP Addresses? (1 Viewer)

Adam*W

Auditioning
Is there any way that I can "hide" my IP address? What I mean is, my roomate has been using a website to order dvd's and the such and they have more or less blocked me from signing up for an account because the IP address is already in there database...

Thanks for your help!

Adam*W

Auditioning
Thanks for your help, but Im not very knowledgable about computers...Can you guys treat me like Im very ignorant when it comes to hiding my IP, etc?

I also would prefer a free program or applications..

Again, Thanks!

Rob Gillespie

Senior HTF Member
Can't you just email them and explain?

If they block IPs like that there's a good chance they'll also block so-called anonymous browsing sites.

Adam*W

Auditioning
No, I cant explain to them and no they dont block so-called anonymous browsing sites..

Thanks! :)

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
That doesn't make any sense. I'm assuming your just using something like a cable modem, getting your IP from a DHCP server. Why in the world would any website block based on IP addresses that technically can change as their lease expires?

Unless your paying for a static IP address, but it doesn't sound like you are.

Chris Hovanic

Supporting Actor
Sounds like the online e-tailer is using the IP as a unique ID for their database (which is retarded).

I say if they cant accommodate your situation then find some other e-tailer to do your business with.

If I was a business owner I would never turn away business.

use the proxy it should work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks