What's new

IOS7 (1 Viewer)

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Rob - You should be able to search from within the address / URL navigation bar now. Instead of typing in a URL, type in what you wish to search for. Most browsers have had this functionality for a while now and I am surprised some browsers still have a google/bing/yahoo search bar beside the navigation bar.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Updated my iPad 3 a week ago, with 7.0.3 and it's been fine. No crashes. Normal battery life. It's a bit jerky on the big animations, but better overall that my iPhone 4 with iOS 6. I see no reason to keep the 3 on iOS 6 now.But now I want an iPad with fingerprint sensor! Typing in my passcode is barbaric!

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I just apped my ipad2 to 7.0.4 everything now rolls over to vertical mode and I can't find the horizontal mode switch.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Haven't downloaded the update yet but I've seen pics. I'm on board with everything except the call / end buttons. That is just a stupid change for the sake of changing.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Still can't download the update to my Mac. It says it's going to take 4 hrs to download, and gives a timeout error after a few minutes. Will try device-direct updates this weekend.

Why does the iPhone say it's 286 MB while iTunes says it's 1.44 GB?

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Updated iPad 3 last night. Those reviews about how 7.1 runs much better on the iPhone 4? That helps the iPad 3. My initial reaction is all the herky-jerkiness of transitions has been fixed. My iPad 3 feels noticeably smoother.

Still can't update my iPhone. Trying it on the phone directly, and I get the same timeout error as with iTunes.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Yeah, but I don't like it. It was easier to tell before the change.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Clinton McClure said:
It's east to tell. The arrow is black when shift is on.
And then it looks like all the letter keys. It looks different when it's off. This is visually confusing -- backwards, even. I can't fathom how this made it past internal user testing.I'm monitoring battery life. I'm concerned iPhone 5S battery life is being mildly clobbered by 7.1. Seeing signs of rapid drain on our two phones. (Wife's phone dropped from 23% to 18% while locked and in airplane mode in less than 30 min. Abnormal.)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
30% battery drop overnight. Something's wrong with battery management. Unsure if it's specific to 7.1. I saw signs of issues before this. But 7.1 seems to have worsened it. I've turned off Background App Refresh and auto App Update to see if that helps.I'm not alonehttp://www.zdnet.com/iphone-ipad-battery-draining-faster-on-ios-7-1-youre-not-alone-7000027340/http://9to5mac.com/2014/03/13/ios-7-1-makes-everything-faster-including-your-battery-drain/I've seen this minority reporting of battery problems every release since iPhone 4. Friends had terrible battery drains problems on the 4. This is the first time I've had the problem. It's very annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks