What's new

iOS 5, new features discussion (1 Viewer)

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveF

[4S] Speculated name for expected iPhone refresh this Fall.

I don't buy it. iPhone 5 to match iOS 5. The reason for 3GS was to match iOS 3, as there never was an iPhone 2.

Speaking of iPhones, there are rumors of factory unlocked iPhones 4 going on sale domestically (by Apple) Wednesday. That would be a very big deal, but not nearly as big as Apple releasing the *new* iPhone unlocked when it materializes -- note I am not suggesting unlocked only, but alongside the subsidized version.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
The rumors are that the next iPhone will be to the iPhone 4 as the 3GS was the 3G: beefier hardware but substantially the same phone. Hence, a "4S". The other way to understand it is the rumor mill is being seeded to temper expectations: this will not be a huge hardware revision like the 4 was over the 3GS. It will look the same, use the A5, but not be dramatically different otherwise.

I find it not implausible. I'm assuming the next iPhone will be of similar performance as the iPad 2, in the iPhone 4's body. I don't know if that's consider a big change or not? But you may be right and this Fall will see a new "iPhone 5" to match iOS 5.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Nice in-use comments

http://chuckskoda.com/entry/a-week-with-ios-five/

Apart from Notification Center, the changes are so well considered that you almost forget they exist. The geek inside wants to tinker and fine-tune the experience, but it’s unnecessary because ‘it just works’ was more than hyperbole.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
I've noticed, if I download an app on my Ipad that is for the Ipad and Iphone, it automatically downloads to my iphone. However, if I download an app on my iphone that is not also and ipad app, it doesn't download automatically to the ipad, even though you can use ihpone apps on the ipad.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks